Chapter 6

My feet patter hard against the staircase, I take two steps at a time, almost losing my balance. When I reach the bottom of the stairs, I was surprised to be met with an anxious Hoseok who was busy pressing the elevator button, rapidly.

I could sense that hyung was getting annoyed at the slowness so he turns, getting ready to scramble up the stairs in a fast paced motion.

He stops, however, the minute he sees me. A wave of solace moulds his face as he takes swift, long strides towards me.

Once he's close enough, he engulfs me into a well needed embrace. The sudden human contact causes me to erupt in a heave of emotions. Large, fat tears drip down my cheekbones while I completely absorb my face into his shirt.

"Thank God, you're okay." He says with utter relief in his tone. I frown, confused as to how he knew about my distress. 'Does he know that Namjoon is here too?'

I was about to ask questions when he suddenly begins to pull me towards the exit. I wasn't entirely sure what was going on, "hyung where're we going?"

"The police station," he speaks firmly. His grip on my sleeve now tightening.

Alarms set off in my head as I frantically try to escape from his grasp. "We can't!"

Hoseok wore a confused expression as he glances back at me. "What? Why?"

"I...I can't hyung. I'm sorry," I was embarrassed to even look at him. 'How selfish could I possibly be, to not want to turn in my own kidnappers?'

I chomp on my lower lip, tears still fallen but they were lessening at this point.

'I just need to see him, just once to know he's okay. Then I'll go to the police.' I was trying to convince myself to fall through with the plan. But in the end, I knew that if I see him again, my feelings would just come rushing back all at once.

"Taehyung," hyung says slowly, a serious expression broadcasts over his face. "Jin is currently in my dorm right now, we have to tell someone they're here."

My eyes widen, 'Jin is here too? Huh? Namjoon was right by saying the rest are here...but where?'

I gulp, scared to tell Hoseok that I don't want to go to the police. I don't want them to lock him away.

'I'm a pathetic excuse of a human being. How can I possibly still harbour feelings for someone that's taken peoples lives? He should be locked away...but I can't bring myself to be the one to do that to him.'

"Hyung...I can't do this, I'm sorry. I don't want him to be taken away again." I start to sob loudly, accidentally causing students to glance over at us.

Hoseok sighs yet his face held utter rage as he tugs on my sleeve to follow him. We make our way outside and towards hyung's car where he unlocks it before slamming his door shut.

Finally alone, he lets out his anger. "How dare you think of that scumbag!" He yells, clearly not happy with me in this very moment.

"I'm sorry," I squeak, saddened at the fact I've made hyung angry. I could tell that Hoseok was conflicted, he wanted to scowl at me for being such an idiot yet his angry demeanour instantly vanishes as soon as he hears my weak apologies.

He breathes loudly, running a hand through his bleached locks while staring off into space. I purse my lips, scared at what he might say next.

"If you want to hand them in, then I wouldn't stop you...but I can't do it hyung." I finally state. It would be completely selfish of me if I didn't let Hoseok decide for himself whether he wanted to inform the police of our kidnappers whereabouts or not.