******

We finished packing up all of Jessie's stuff in boxes just after about 2 hours even with me, Reece and mum doing it. Mum had joined us after a while and got most of the work done. Jessie decided it was too boring and went off to do something else after half an hour of tidying. At least now you could see 95% of the floor.

"Right, me and Reece will go and get something to eat, you finish packing your room," mum pointed her finger at me in mock seriousness before kissing my forehead and going downstairs to get Reece. He too had disappeared because it was too boring. When mum left the room, I heard the front door close and went back to my room to pack the last of my stuff.

You'd think being in the house alone now would scare me, but I think I'd gone through enough that, it just didn't anymore.

20 minutes later there was a loud 'BANG' that came from downstairs where I knew Jessie was, the noise echoed around the room and I jumped off of my bed quickly, ignoring the sound would make me a bad brother and with Jessie I was the best I could be, so while I didn't have my mum to go off on me, I went downstairs to see what the hubbub was about.

"What's goin-" I was cut off from shock mid sentence when I saw my little sister holding something in her hand.

Was that a rock?

"Jess, comere, what have you got there?" I asked her sweetly, getting down from the final step of the stairs and crouching down.

She ran over to me, holding out the stone.

"Thanks Jess," I took it off her, and as I looked down at it, the front door opened and I spun around, hiding it behind my back.

I don't know why I did it.

Maybe I just wanted to see it first, without the interference of everyone else.

"Hey mum," I stuffed the note into my pocket, dropping the now noteless stone onto the floor by the shattered window.

"What the - what the hell happened Spence?" She yelled it at me, her eyes bulging.

"I - I don't know?" I said it as a question, but I guess I did know.

Somebody wanted to get a note to one of us and they couldn't have just posted it through the mailbox.

"Come here Spence," Reece pulled me over to him, planting me firmly in his place before he went over to examine what had happened.

I saw his eyes change. They flickered from their usual colour to a bright gold colour.

I nearly gasped, but I didn't as Reece turned to me and they were normal again.

My mom picked up Jessie from the floor as it was littered with glass and Reece came over to me again, wrapping me up in his arms.

"You're okay," Reece whispered as he squished me into his chest more. I wrapped my arms just as tightly around him, holding on as if my life depended on it.

I don't know why, but since they'd got home, it seemed that what had happened was more scary than I first thought.

"We need to go there's no point sticking around, the moving van will be here in an hour and get the boxes. Just grab the suitcase with the stuff you wanted to bring with you straight away," my mum said softly after a few minutes of silence. Jessie had finally stopped asking what was happening and I let go of Reece, he still stood firmly next to me with his arm around my shoulder.