PROLOGUE

ANA

"Will you just stop being so stubborn for once and come to the party with me?" Sam asks for what seems like the thousandth time today, he's annoying me and I don't like it at all.

We approach our obnoxious group of  friends who are sitting in their usual seats in the back of the classroom and I can already feel their eyes on me.

Why do I even hang out with these creeps?

I sit down next to Sam and he huffs out a breath clearly annoyed by me but I'm not going to give in and go to some shit party just to end up drunk and have sex with him in some stranger's house, I've had enough of that and I just don't feel like going this time.

"You coming to the party right?" Rick asks tapping my shoulder from behind "Fuck off" I say holding my middle finger up to him and only God knows why he finds it amusing and laughs at me saying "Your never cease to amaze me" I just roll my eyes at him.

"Chill out Ana, you don't have to act like this all the time" Lizzie says twirling a lock of blonde hair between her fingers sitting next to Rick and behind Sam, I ignore her and focus on my phone attempting to look busy with it but Sam seems to have noticed that fake blonde barbie and her comment because there's a small smile playing on his lips, okay so now he likes it when people like Lizzie comment shit about me, great.

"You're going to the party Sam aren't you?" Lizzie asks and Sam turns around to face her giving her one of his signature smiles "Ummn yea of course it's my mate's birthday after all" Sam gestures towards Will who's seated next to Sam and is busy on his phone probably texting some girl to hook up with her, I don't know and seriously don't care.

"That's great, I was wondering if you'll be able to give me a ride to Will's place since my car is still at the mechanics, God knows what happened to it" she says batting her fake lashes at Sam and puts her perfectly manicured hand on his arm, I want to swat it away but I control myself, she just can't stop flirting with my boyfriend and my boyfriend is too naive to see that I guess, or maybe he knows it and just doesn't care, either way she needs to know he's mine, not hers.

Putting on my best fake smile I turn around to face her "I'm afraid he won't be able to give you the free ride you're so in need of since him and I have plans before we go to the party together" I say and her mouth hangs open and closes and opens again but she's at a loss of words I guess.

Sam looks at me in surprise before asking "We do?" I can see the huge grin on his face, he knows exactly what's happening here and he knows I don't like Lizzie at all but thankfully he plays by my side "I mean yea we do have plans so-" I cut him off

"Don't worry though I'm sure Rick would be happy to give you a ride there" I say pointing to Rick who's obviously enjoying the show here, he smiles playfully at me and then looks at Lizzie "Yeah I'd be happy to" he says and I swear I heard Lizzie curse under her breath or maybe it was just my imagination.

Before our conversation can go any further the professor enters the class and the room falls silent.

I mentally prepare myself for a another weekend with my friends that's going to be filled with partying, alcohol and hook ups, it's an endless cycle I guess and I'm tired of this shit, kind of.