22. Sunday Brunch

Nothing. 

My eyes start to search for anything besides the green and a tiny glimpse of the school roof but no other human being beside me.

Huffing, I sit down. I don't wanna go to school today so I am just gonna spend the time here.

Huge part of me wanted that Emmett follows me but  he didn't, oh well. He is not going anywhere and neither I am.

I look at my shoes in boredom. I am wearing my old beaten up sports shoes that I got probably two years ago.

I turn to see the trail leading to the mountain. Well it's better than going to school and sitting here whole day. 

Charlie will definitely come to know about my little disappearing act.

Meh I will figure something out.

Alright then, I get up from my position and hold my bag in front of me. I take out my bike keys  and zipped the bag open.

I place my keys in my backpack and zip up, I swing the bad over my shoulder. I look for a tree nearby with thick and sturdy branches. I found a good size sturdy looking tree and start to climb it. After reaching its first branch I take my bag of off my shoulder and place it on the branch. I jump down from it as the branch wasn't that high.

I look up making sure my bag is securely placed on the branch and it won't go anywhere and then I start to walk deeper in the woods.

Almost half an hour later I am standing at the same place where I took the pictures.

I take out my phone from my jean pocket and check the time, 8:30 a.m.

I decided to go further up as now today path is little clearer for some reason.

When I look back, the only thing visible  was green. I take out my phone from my back pocket and turn on the screen.

9:45 a.m. 

I look at my screen with wide eye. What! It didn't feel like I hiked for an hour.

I snap my head towards a bush rustling, after few minutes when nothing happen I shrug it off thinking it as it might be because of the wind.

My eyes started to scan the beauty in front of me, I am so absorb in it, that I didn't even notice anything.

Suddenly a twig snap getting my attention. Holy mother of Jesus, it's a Bear! And not just like your average bear , this one is huge!

A grizzly bear!

"All good things, all good things" I start to backup slowly trying to make myself seem bigger to intimidate the bear which seems highly unlikely as it keep growling at me and walking towards me.

An oef leaves my lips as my back hit a rough surface. I quickly look up to see a tall tree.

Great. 

I look back down at the bear, he starts to run towards me ready to pounce at me.

I put my hands up to cover up my face, screaming. 

But it never came, I slowly put my hands down and look up to see a figure tackling the bear down, that figure is having the same hair as Emmett.

My eyes wide in realization, it was Emmett.

He look back at me, his fangs out and blood shoot eyes, he turns back to bear and dig in, like a Sunday brunch.

When he was done he jumped off the bear, throwing him. blood dripping from his mouth, bear's body laying limp few feet away from where he was standing.

He stand there, looking down.

Slowly I start to walk towards him.

I pull up his chin to look at me with my index finger and thumb. When his eyes met mine, they were back to his normal golden color, they held so many emotions, anger, pain, regret and lust? Huh I must be out of my mind or something.

I start to wipe blood from his mouth with the back of my flannel sleeves.

"Why?" he mumble.

"What do you mean?" I keep cleaning his mouth.

"Why didn't you run? Why are you not scared?" he said clearly.

"Well to tell the truth I don't even know why I didn't run away when I get to know the truth, why I didn't got scared when you tore that animal" I replied honestly.

"I can hurt you, you know? And you have no idea who I am" He takes my hand in his and put his head in my neck.

"Well I am pretty sure I know who you are and if you have to hurt me, you would've done that long ago" I place my empty hand in his hair, my fingers gliding in.

"Tell me what I am then" He is now looking me in eyes.

"A vampire" I mumble.

"Do you know what we feed on? What I feed on?" He says in a threatening manner.

"Well I really don't care, like I said if you wanted to hurt me you would've done it" I step closer to him.

"Do you wanna know what I really look like? Huh?" He says placing his head again in croak of my neck.

I nod.

———
Status:unedited