Chapter Forty-One | Cloudy Skies

NOAH'S POV

The light shining through my window causes my eyes to burn and I grumble as I place my hand over my face. I groan softly as I roll over in my bed, all of the bruises and cuts on my body aching.

From downstairs, I can smell Liam's cooking and it makes my stomach growl, which makes my entire body ache even worse. I force myself to lean up and my reflection in the mirror over my dresser mimics my movements, catching my eye.

The scratches on the side of my face and the bruises under my eyes still haven't healed, and it's been days. My entire body has cuts and bruises, and it's been days since I woke up in the woods.

"Noah!" Liam shouts and my head tilts slightly towards my door. I don't say anything and I don't move, just waiting for him to come up here and yell at me.

A couple of seconds pass and my door is slowly open and I watch as he pops his head into the room. "Hey, what's up?" He asks, a smile on his lips.

I stare at him in silence before raising my hand up to cup the side of my head. "What do you need?" I question, my voice rough.

He walks into my room and leans against the wall, crossing his arms over his chest. "You not going to school today?" His brow arches.

"No," I shake my head and I pull my blanket off of me so that I can get out of bed. Suspicious crosses over his face as I walk out of my bedroom and across the hall to the bathroom, and he turns around and watches me.

"Why not?"

"Maybe because I'm not up for it," I state, gesturing to the my bare torso and the cuts, bruises, and scratches on my skin. "I'm not even healing, dude. School is the least of my worries."

He nods slowly as his eyes scan over my chest and back. "School probably isn't what's best for you right now," he agrees.

I glance over at him with a raised brows as I open up the cabinet to apply the cream Ax found me at the store to my cuts. "Why aren't you demanding I go to school? What happened to the 'Dad' figure?"

"Well, Ax already left for school, so I've been a dad enough this morning. I'm not making you breakfast neither," he jokes as he shakes his head.

"You gotta go to work?" I ask as I sit down on the counter and run my fingers through my hair.

"Yeah, and I won't be back till late. You think you can survive all day by yourself?" His brow arches and my head tilts towards him and I give him an irritated look.

"Just get outta here already," I say as I shake my head. He smirks at me before giving me a small nod and walking back down the hall.

I sigh softly as I force my aching body up and I close the door. I turn towards the mirror as I grab the jar of cream off the counter and continue applying it to the giant gash on my chest. Gritting my teeth, I force myself to stay silent just in case he's still downstairs and spying on me.

When I'm finished, I set the jar down and place my hands on either side of the counter and I lean forward as I catch my breath. My entire body continues aching as I squeeze my eyes shut to keep myself from letting out any sounds of weakness.

I let out another shaky breath before forcing myself to look up, and my reflection catches me off guard. My golden eyes cause my brows to furrow and I quickly rub at them, but the color doesn't fade.

Suddenly, my entire jaw starts aching and I grit my teeth again, revealing my sharp fangs that, at the moment, I have no control over. I groan in pain as the intense color of my eyes brightens, and next thing I know, I don't have control over any part of my body.