Chapter Seven | Like a Lunatic

Pulling on Gabriella's white t-shirt she lent me for gym, I sit down on the bench next to her. She's currently tying her shoes as she tells me about some guy she's talking to.

"He's annoying as hell and thinks he's always right. I mean, always!" She groans and rolls her eyes.

I furrow my brows at her as I tilt my head in her direction. "I thought you said you liked him?" I say with a small giggle.

"Oh, please! He's a moronic bastard." She spits and begins tying up her hair.

I stare at her for a moment as she whispers something to herself, seemingly angry with her choice of having a crush on the boy. "Are you talking about a certain no-brained fool that doesn't think before he speaks? One I know."

Her head snaps towards me as her eyes slowly narrow. "You better not be saying what I think you're saying." She growls.

"Well, for the sake of us both, I hope you're not saying what I think you're saying," I say with a small smile.

Gabriella rolls her eyes angrily and scoffs. "I am not! You've met the damn idiot! Never in a million years." She blurts as I reach into my locker and grab my sneakers.

I stifle a laugh and her head snaps towards me again. "I believe you. I believe you." I hold my hands up and her eyes narrow.

A whistle blows loudly from the gym and all the girls' heads snap towards the door. "Let's go, ladies!" Coach Ellis shouts from the gym.

"Shit!" Gabriella curses and we both stand up. All of the girls quickly vacate the locker room, me and Gabriella being the lasts ones to leave. We walk into the gym, Gabriella by my side, and my eyes instantly go to the dirty blonde surrounded by a bunch of girls.

My brows raise as I slowly look over at Gabriella, who seems to have noticed Mills' entourage. She rolls her eyes at the sight before a smirk graces her lips. "He is such a cliche." She chuckles.

At her words, Mills glances over at us. His eyes land on Gabriella before slowly moving over to me. Gabriella notices this as well and continues smirking. "Do not get involved with all... that." She waves her hand at him and the girls. "Or I will never let you hear the end of it." She points at me.

I smile at her, another real smile, and her brow raises. "You like Jaxon," I state and her eyes widen. "I'm never letting you hear the end of it."

"Oh, bite me."

Coach Ellis blows his whistle, signaling for all of us to sit down. "If we're on different teams today," Gabrielle brushes her shoulder against mine and I glance over at her as we sit down, "I'm going to kick your ass."

"I don't doubt that you won't," I say and her eyes narrow tauntingly. I smile softly at her as I wrap my legs around my knees and pull them into my chest.

"Alright, everyone!" Coach shouts. "Today we're playing volleyball!"

A smile instantly lights up Gabriella's face as I look towards her with raised brows. "You like volleyball?" I whisper and she glances over at me.

"Mm!" She nods.

"Let's sort out teams!" He shouts. "I need two team captains!"

"Ooh!" Gabriella groans and thrusts her hand into the air.

"Alright, Coles!" Coach nods and waves for her to stand next to him. "I need another captain."

"How 'bout Noah?" Gabriella raises a brow at her cousin as she smirks. I look over at Mills to see him wearing an expression that is easily labeled as 'uninterested'. Nonetheless, he stands up and walks over to Gabriella, bumping her shoulder harshly and she laughs.