Chapter Twenty-Nine | A Lot of Explaining

"Alaina! It's so nice to see you again!" My therapist smiles widely at me and Gabriella as she dries off her hands and tosses the small towel down on the counter.

I remain shocked as I stare at her in confusion and Gabby furrows her brows. "You know my mom?!" She asks as Dannin walks over to us.

"Yeah," I whisper nervously. "She's my therapist..."

"Therapist?!" She screeches. Dannin's eyes widen and I take a step away from her. "You're her therapist?! Why didn't you tell me that you've already met her?!"

"Well, it's not the sort of thing you drop on your daughter, Gabby." She chuckles as she slowly turns to me. "Welcome to our home, Alaina. It's very nice to see you."

I take in a sharp breath as I nod. "You too."

Gabby continues to look uneasy when I glance over at her and I can't help but feel the same way. "Alaina, why don't I show you around," she whispers and grabs my hand.

Dannin nods as she takes a step back towards the stove, "Dinner will be ready in a couple of minutes." She informs us and Gabby mutters a soft response as she drags me out of the kitchen.

"That made me uncomfortable." She tells me with a small chuckle and I nod in agreement. "Sorry about that."

"It's okay," I whisper as we reach the living room again and I force myself not to look inside.

"What's going on?!" I hear Ax yell as Gabby begins leading me to a white staircase.

"I'm showing Alaina to my room!" She smiles at him as I stand with my back facing them. I don't want to look at Noah because I know I'll cave and end up forgiving him. Which cannot happen!

"Oh, I want to come! You want to come Noah?" Ax asks and I instantly turn around to Noah, who is still sitting on the couch with his phone in his hands. His wide, blue eyes meet mine within an instant and I feel my cheeks turn bright red. "Oh, wait! Ax jerks his hand up and smacks himself in the forehead. "I forgot! Alaina isn't talking to you because you punched that kid in the face!" He shakes his head and Gabby narrows her eyes at him. "So, never mind! Guess you can't come!" He shrugs before turning to Gabby and I, who are staring at him with so much annoyance combined between the two of us, and begins walking up the stairs.

I look back into the living room, finding Noah still staring at me. His face has settled back into that irritated glare he gives everyone, and now he's giving it to me. And he hasn't given that stupid look to me in forever. I feel my heart skip a beat and I force myself to move up the stairs after Ax.

"Just apologize, you idiot," I hear Gabby his at him once I've reached the top of the stairs. Ax wraps his arm around my shoulders and pulls me down a narrow, blue hallway and into a somewhat large, pink room.

"Welcome to casa de Gabby!" He tells me as I allow my eyes to adjust to the neon pink walls.

"That's not how that works, but okay," I tell him as he plops down on the red, lip shaped loveseat in the corner next to two large balcony doors. Gabby walks in behind me and huffs out a big breath, causing both Ax and I to look at her.

"You both are morons." She rolls her eyes as she walks over to the queen size bed in the corner of the room, layered with a pink blanket and a couple of pillows.

"Which ones are you talking about?" Ax asks, folding his arms under his head as a smile lights up his beautiful face. "'Cause I don't think Alaina did anything wrong," he states, winking at me and I just shake my head.

"You and Noah!" She spits at him and he chuckles. She glances over at me before patting the spot next to her on her bed and I quickly sit down before she yells at me.