Chapter Twenty-Four | That's Rude

ALAINA'S POV

A soft breeze on the back of my neck causes my eyes to flutter open and I raise my hand up to my face, rubbing at my eyes and nose. As I'm rubbing at my nose, I notice a weight on my waist and my brows draw together.

I slowly lower my hand as my eyes flicker down my body to the large, pale arm draped over my waist and tucked under my side. The crease in my brow deepens as I try to figure out what is going on. Slowly, my eyes widen when the arm tightens around me and I'm pulled back into a hard chest, and my heart pounds violently.

Noticing the familiar masculine scent, I remember that Noah had stayed with me last night because I had told him about my nightmares. I don't really know if he caught onto what I had said about the nightmares I don't recognize to be my own. Because I think they're his.

He breathes heavily on the back of my neck and I shiver in his hold as my eyes flutter shut. His chest his like stone against my back, but as he breathes out, I'm able to feel his heartbeat knocking against my spine.

Wait, wasn't he supposed to leave after I fell asleep? Isn't that what he had said?! How the hell am I supposed to sneak him out for school?!?

Slowly, I roll over onto my other side to come face to face with a sleeping Noah. His eyes are closed, his head tilted down, and his lips slightly parted as his sighs softly in his sleep. As I stop my movements, his arm tightens around me and he pulls me closer until our chests are touching.

I know for a fact that my cheeks are as red as a tomato right now, and I'm glad that he's still asleep. My brows furrow as he snores softly, his not so bad morning breath fanning my face. It's not that good either, but the last time the two of us ate was around four o'clock before anyone got home.

Leaning up as far as Noah will let me, I look at the alarm clock on my dresser to see that it's almost seven-fifty and school starts at eight-forty. I lay back down and stare at Noah's sleeping face.

He looks so peaceful, I don't want to wake him up. But, he needs to go back to Liam's and change, so, sorry, Noah.

"Noah," I whisper as I push on his arm so that maybe he'd let me go. "Noah."

His eyes slowly open and instead of them being their normal blue color, they're golden. His brows furrow as he stares at me and he begins pulling away from me to sit up. He rubs at his eyes as I remain laying down, just staring up at his bedhead that isn't so bad. It makes him look all rugged and handsome.

Before he can look back down at me and make it awkward, I jump up out of bed and quickly walk over to my dresser. His head snaps over to me as he scratches his jaw and he watches as I pull out a white, long sleeve shirt and black ripped jeans. When I turn back to Noah, I find him still staring at me and I feel my heartbeat increase.

"I need to change," I whisper.

His brows shoot up at my statement and he slowly moves to go out into the hallway. "You can't go out there!" I tell him, and he spins back around to face me with furrowed brows.

"Why the hell not?" He hisses at me and I take it that maybe Noah isn't a morning person.

"What if Charlie sees you? Or Eliza? I'll never hear the end of it. I'll never see you again," I rephrase and he continues staring at me with a dazed look.

"Then what do you want me to do? Jump out the damn window?" He gestures to the large glass circle that's letting in all the light.

"You'll heal, won't you?" My brow raises and he frowns majorly.