Chapter Six| All Out

ALAINA'S POV

I walk into school and immediately head for my locker. It's been a couple of days since the incident at the diner, and I haven't seen Gabriella since. She hasn't shown up to any of her classes and I haven't seen her around the halls.

Jaxon hasn't been in class either. Not even Mills. He wasn't in gym, I didn't run into him in the hallways. It's like all three of them disappeared.

I saw the others a few times: Mick, Zeke, Karly, and Margo. But none of them approached me and I'm thankful. So far there hasn't been any rumors spread about me, except for the ones that were shared before I arrived.

But, it bothers me that Gabriella isn't here. I only knew her for a couple of hours but that was somehow enough to leach myself onto her. And now that she's not here I'm having to survive on my own.

As always.

Back at Fort Haven, I didn't have any friends. I was the typical lonely girl that spent all her time at home and school. But, now that I had one single friend that I actually cared about me, even if it was just for a couple of hours, it sucks that it's gone.

I should have never yelled at her. She was just trying to help me. But, I don't need help. Nobody's help because I'm fine with doing everything on my own.

I pull open my locker and begin getting out my history textbook and notebook. As I'm flipping through my notebook to make sure that my assignments are there, the locker next to mine slams and I jump. I look up to meet a pair of brown eyes and my brows raise.

Jaxon shoots me a small smile before slowly leaning against the locker awkwardly. "Sorry, I literally tripped over my shoelace." He glances down at his untied shoe as my brows furrow.

He looks back up at me, still smiling awkwardly. I just stare back at him as he begins fiddling with his zipper nervously.

"O-Okay! So, I came here to apologized because I feel really bad about what happened the other day. I honestly didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I was just messing around, but you didn't find it funny." He rambles on and my brows draw together. "I'm seriously for every stupid thing I did that day. I know I didn't impress you with the whole getting kicked out of class thing and I know I'm annoying. I do it to be funny, but you obviously don't find it funny. So... I'm sorry, Alaina." He huffs out a breath after saying all of that.

I continue staring at him, not saying a word.

He blinks at me a few times, his face falling when he realizes that I'm not going to respond. His brows shoot up shockingly before he holds his pointer fingers up at me. "You don't like the apology? Okay! I can do better, I promise. Just, uh," he looks around, his eyes flickering back in forth as he tries to think, "jus-just give me a minute. Okay?! Don't move!!!" He points at me one more time before darting down the hallway.

My eyes widen as he takes off in a sprint and I jump back slightly. His body disappears into a crowd of people and I slowly go back to looking through my assignments.

.

NOAH'S POV

I pull my jacket off before tossing it into my locker, only to have the door slam on my hand. My head snaps to the right and I meet a pair of wide brown eyes. Jaxon jumps back instantly as he yanks my locker door back open.

"Shit! Sorry!" He inhales sharply as his eyes narrow. "My bad."

I shake my hand at my side as I glare at him. "What the hell is wrong with you?" I raise a brow. His furrow for a moment before his eyes widen and his arms flail out.