Chapter Sixty-Two | Little Moon

ALAINA'S POV

"I like this shirt on you better."

"No, the green t-shirt suits her eyes."

"But the pink one is...well, it's pink. There's no other explanation. Pink is great." Ax claims and crosses his arms over his chest as he lays on top of my bed.

Gabby glares at him as she continues holding the green shirt up against my body and I stand silently, amused by their bickering. "Pink isn't that great."

"Your entire room is pink," I enter and her head snaps towards me. A giggle leaves my lips and Ax laughs with me, happy that I've sided with him. "And plus, a green shirt with a green jacket? What am I? Broccoli?"

She rolls her eyes at me and throws the shirt down on my bed where a pile of Gabby's old clothes lay. "Whatever."

"Why are you giving me all these clothes anyway? Why not just donate them?" I ask and she turns to me with her hands on her waist.

"I am! To you!"

"My dresser is full enough," I state with a laugh and she drops down on my bed next to Ax. "And you've already given me that green jacket, two pairs of high heels that I will never wear, six pairs of jeans, and three scrunchies."

She gawks at me before narrowing her eyes. "I didn't know that wanting my best friend to be stylish is a crime."

I chuckle and turn away from them, taking the pile of her clothes and placing them in my laundry basket. They both begin arguing again as my eyes zone in on the large t-shirt that is slung over the side of the basket and Noah's beautiful face appears in my mind.

It's been an entire week since the night that De Umbra removed the demon from inside me, and now that it's not there anymore, neither are my powers. Both mine and Noah's tattoos have disappeared, along with the chain.

But that's okay because I don't need that anymore.

Because I have Noah, and that's all I need.

He had stayed with me every minute every day, never leaving my side until yesterday afternoon. Liam called him home for some reason, but as soon as he left, Ax and Gabby showed up from a sleepover. And they've been here ever since.

When I turn around to face them again, I find them glaring at each other in silence. "Oh, stop it!" I complain and they look over at me. "You're bickering is getting annoying."

"You act like you and Noah never argue." Ax furrows his brows at me and I shrug simply.

"That's because we don't. The last argument we had was at Gabby's birthday dinner," I state.

They glance at each other for a single moment before back at me. "That's not healthy," she tells me and I let out a dry laugh.

"How so? You think arguing constantly is healthy?"

"We don't argue constantly!" They say simultaneously.

"Yes. Yes, you do. All the time. You've argued six times since you got here yesterday. I've counted," I say honestly, nodding vigorously.

They both roll their eyes at me before their gazes land on each other, silent for a moment until they start laughing loudly. "We argue because it's fun. We always want to be right."

"Oh, I've noticed."

The sound of my phone ringing from underneath one of my pillows alerts all three of us and Gabby pulls it out. Her furrowed brows shift into a wide smile and her eyes flicker over to me, glimmering with mischievousness.