Chapter 28 - Work

Lmao how long has it been since I updated this book huehue sorry for making y'all wait *bows*

—————

"I told you not to work so why are we doing this?" Baekhyun stared intensely at the folder set in front of him.

Taeyeon didn't reply and only shrugged as she looked through her own folder. She nodded occasionally and hummed in satisfaction, carefully flipping the pages.

"Why are you agreeing to everything? You know how tough this would be." Baekhyun tried to talk to her, persuading her to stop whatever she was thinking of agreeing to.

"Just shut your trap and read through. It's important." Taeyeon got annoyed as she snapped at him, taking him aback.

Like a defeated puppy his shoulders sank in as he opened the folder, his eyes seeming to be reading the details with a pout on his face.

Just then the door to the meeting room clicked open, revealing the composer.

"Good morning to you two. Have you guys read the information?" He sat down with a wide smile.

"Yes." They simultaneously answered.

"Then we'll get started. Baekhyun×Taeyeon SMStation 3 collaboration."

On the day of recording...

"Taeyeon, you can go in." The composer looked up from the song sheet.

Taeyeon entered the booth and adjusted the headphones such that it fitted nice and snuggly.

"Signal when you're ready."

Taeyeon did a few vocal warm-ups and rehearsed the verse. "Okay." She signed, and she recorded the part.

"Taeyeon-ssi, I want you to be more expressive. We'll try again." The composer expressed his slight frustration in a calm manner.

In the next few tries Taeyeon managed to deliver the feels the composer felt was most suitable and gave everyone a 15-minute break.

At that moment, Baekhyun came in, with Taejoon skipping behind him. "Hello~" He peeked his head through the door.

Everyone turned around to look at him before welcoming him with bro hugs and high fives. Taejoon saw his dad getting high fives and wanted one as well, outstretching his short arms on tippy toes while making a noise to be noticed.

"Hey little guy, nice to meet you." The composer gave him a high five and mini handshake. This got him weak in the knees as he put a hand over his heart. "Joonie's so cute. I've only seen him on TV but seeing him in real life, he's so much cuter."

"He's got great genes too." The assistant commented. "He's pretty handsome. His eyes are huge."

"Joonie my babyyy~" Taeyeon embraced her son who ran towards her with his favourite stuffed toy.

"I missed you so so much. Did you miss me? Did you miss eomma? Did you?" She peppered his small face with kisses, causing the little boy to break into a fit of giggles.

"Me?" Baekhyun pointed at himself.

"You too aww..." Taeyeon pulled him into a hug which Baekhyun gladly accepted.

"Hey hey no PDA in my recording studio. Don't make me curse at you for being so lovey dovey here."

"Hyung is just jealous~" Baekhyun playfully stuck out his tongue, getting an eye roll in return.

"Let's get back to work, shall we?" The composer clapped his hands as he went through with Baekhyun the specific details as well as the emphasis on emotions since he missed out quite a lot of meetings due to promotions with EXO.

The rest of the day was filled with laughter and NGs and professionals at work. Well, with the exception of Taejoon playing with his toy cars on the couch before ending up on the composer's lap because he was too cute to resist not holding him.