Chapter 24 - START

Narrator: It's another morning in the Byun's residence! Oh? I don't see Taeyeon-ssi?

_Interview_

Baekhyun: She told me she's going back home for the first few months. She's taking a break from promotions and schedules as well.

PD-nim: So now it's the official start? *laughs*

Baekhyun: *takes in deep breath* yes

_End of Interview_

"Taejoon-ah! Let's go swimming!" Baekhyun called out. Minutes later, the father and son duo came out from the bathroom clad in their swimsuits.

Taejoon kept jumping up and down as he held his father's hand. He was walking and even running, being as energetic as his father.

They went to the pool at their backyard. Baekhyun splashed some water on his chest and sighed at the cool feeling. "Feels so nice in summer."

He got into the waters and stretched his arms out for Taejoon to jump in.

"Noooo~ scared." Taejoon hesitated with whines. He dipped his foot in a few times but dared not go in.

_Interview_

Baekhyun: It's the first time he'll go into the pool because he usually avoids it and plays at the mini baby inflatable one which isn't deep. I want to try to get him to learn to swim.

_End of Interview_

"Come on. We'll go eat yummy stuff afterwards, mhm?" Baekhyun tried.

Taejoon, who was looking down, snapped his head upwards to look at his dad.

Caption: Food? Yummy food?

"Or do you want to sit down? Then you can slowly come in." Baekhyun waddled towards him and sat the boy down. Taejoon squealed at the cool waters at his legs and started kicking. He splashed water everywhere, attacking his father the most.

"S-stop! Jaidhajqnwb" His father's words became incoherent. Baekhyun just pulled the boy in and Taejoon started kicking slowly, propelling himself forward.

"That's it! Keep going!" Baekhyun supported him as Taejoon kicked and moved around the pool.

"It's cooling isn't it?" Baekhyun giggled. (A/N: his "hehehe" laughter)

"Do you want to try jumping in now?" Baekhyun asked. Taejoon nodded. Baekhyun then moved to the edge of the pool and set Taejoon on his feet.

"Now, jump in!" Baekhyun stretched his arms out again.

Narrator: will he be brave and jump?

*slow BGM playing as they show Baekhyun and Taejoon individually*

Caption: the time is here, for Taejoon to jump. Will he do it?

(A/N: I suck at this)

*splash!*

Narrator: Wow! He really jumped in!

"Yay!!!" Baekhyun threw Taejoon in the air, celebrating his son's growing bravery.

After playing in the pool for a couple of minutes, they decided they were hungry.
.
.
.
.
.
"So~ what should we eat?" Baekhyun asked Taejoon who was sitting behind on his car seat.

Taejoon rested his head on his palm, as if thinking really hard. In the end he shook his head and shrugged his shoulders. Baekhyun laughed at his son.

"Hmm... Should we just go to the market? Then we can eat many many things." Baekhyun suggested as he look at Taejoon through the rear mirror. Taejoon gave a wide smile.
.
.
.
.
.
"One serving of tteokbokki please." Baekhyun ordered. Moments later, a bowl of the said dish was served and Baekhyun took a bite. He chewed in front of Taejoon, making the toddler whine.

"You want this? It's very spicy though?" Baekhyun decided to dilute a bit the sauce with the water given by the lady. He dipped his finger in the diluted sauce for Taejoon to try.

The boy scrunched his face as the spiciness took over him, but seconds later he was okay.

"More." He demanded. Baekhyun had his eyes wide open at how commanding his son is being.

"You eat it by yourself. You can do it right?"

"Yes." Taejoon replied. He used the fork and took a piece of the rice cake before messily shoving it into his mouth. He was surprisingly not fazed by the spiciness.

After tteokbokki, then went for kimchi pancakes and hotteok.

They ate and ate and ate. There were so many stalls at the market.

"Should we do some grocery shopping?"

They did that for another two hours.

By the time they got home, it was almost dinner time.

"Chinese food?"

They ordered for delivery.

"I'm so full." Baekhyun patted his stomach.

"Me too." Taejoon copied his dad.