Episode 9 - First Word

"One more time?!" Baekhyun eagerly asked Taejoon.

"A-pp-a." Taejoon stuck a finger into his mouth and giggled, making Ji-eun's heart melt.

"I have to tell your mom. I won the bet." Baekhyun smiled slyly as he held Taejoon who started to 'explore' his dad's costume.

"You made a bet with Taeyeon unnie?" Ji-eun had this look of disbelief.

Days ago...

"Baekhyun-ah. Let's make a bet. See who Taejoon will call first. Whoever loses will treat korean beef." Taeyeon had this look of determination.

"Okay, call! He will say appa first." Baekhyun too, said with confidence.

"No. He'll call eomma first." Taeyeon argued.

"We shall see." And the two had a moment of eye contact for what seemed like forever to Taejoon who just stared at his parents then back to his toy car, zooming it across the floor as he drooled.

Back to reality...

"Baekhyun-ssi! Get on set! We'll film the scene where you are hiding from the royal guards right?" The director smiled as he looked through the script.

"Yes, Director-nim! Be right there in a minute." Baekhyun entrusted Taejoon in the care of Ha Neul who was yet not needed for the scene and was glad to hold such a cute baby.

After hours...

Taejoon fell asleep in a staff's arms, sucking on his thumb peacefully. Baekhyun finally finished his scenes for the day.

"Baekhyun-ssi, you should bring him here some time again. We all enjoy having him around." The staff handed the sleeping baby back to Baekhyun carefully to not wake him up.

"That's if my wife agrees." Baekhyun laughed softly.

"It doesn't seem real that you are really married to her and have a child." She smiled, patting Taejoon's head.

"But it's real. I shall get going. You've all worked hard! Thank you!" And Baekhyun got back into the van.

"Aigoo... If you're sleeping too, appa shall sleep too." He yawned as he lied down.

"Baekhyun, we reached." His manager woke him up. He sat up properly to find a pair of big eyes staring at him intently.

"Ap-pa." He blabbered. Baekhyun picked him up and exited the van and entered the building, noticing many fans waiting. They screamed the moment Baekhyun appeared and called for his name when he disappeared into the lift, not sparing them a glance.

"Taejoon-ah, don't be famous like appa. It's really difficult to be popular." Baekhyun sighed as he exited the lift and then punched in the password for the door.

"Blabamalale" Taejoon just blabbered his own language and the moment he saw his mother sitting at the living room, he squealed and reached his hands out for her.

"Aigoo our Taejoon is back, and so is my big baby." She held Taejoon in her arms and gave Baekhyun a peck on the lips.

"How was filming? Did Taejoon behave?" Taeyeon bombarded him with lots of questions as she bounced the excited baby up and down, making Taejoon squeal even more.

"Why is he so excited even though he's suppose to be sleepy?" Taeyeon pinched Taejoon's cheeks.

"Guess what. He called me and said his first word." Baekhyun smirked.

"No way I would believe you." She squinted her eyes at him then at the baby. "Taejoon-ah call appa."

"Ap-pa." Taejoon reached out for his dad and Baekhyun gladly held him with a sense of victory. "Now you have to treat me Korean beef." Baekhyun smiled mischievously.

"Ugh fine. Taejoon-ah, say eomma. Eomma." Taeyeon tried to brainwash him.

"Mamamama." He blabbered.

"Is he singing your song?"

"Maybe."

"We shouldn't have let him listen to that song. It was plain weird."

"Hey! It's my debut song! Don't judge. You had your worst song moments too!"

"Yeah, but you don't know the situation where all songs were not nice to you but you just gotta sing it 'cause everyone loves it."

"Yeah yeah." He rolled his eyes before heading to the bathroom with Taejoon to wash up.

"My money's gonna fly away since that boy loves eating... But isn't he on a diet? Phew!" Taeyeon shook her head as she walked into the bedroom to rest after making sure the father and son were home safely.

Away from fans.