Episode 19 - First Birthday

"Eommaaaa~" Taejoon whined as he snuggled his head into his pillow whilst hugging his favourite soft toy, a bunny. The two adults were still sleeping soundly in each other's arms. It was only 7 in the morning.

Taejoon sat up, face scrunched up as he crawled over to his parent's bed. He then settled himself in between his mom and dad, not wanting to be left out.

"Eomma~" Taejoon mumbled as he shifted to a comfortable position. Baekhyun stirred as he noticed his son falling asleep cutely between himself and his wife.

"Good morning baby." Baekhyun stroked Taejoon's head and patted the boy to sleep. "Did he call for me?" Taeyeon woke up as well.

"He just wanted to snuggle. I put him back to sleep." Baekhyun whispered as he pointed at the bundle of joy in front of him. Taeyeon chuckled and caressed the baby's head. "Get some more sleep." And with that the whole family fell back to slumber.

(10 am)

"Hyunnie! Joonie! Come out for breakfast!" Taeyeon called from the kitchen as she brought out plates of pancakes to the dining table. Baekhyun came jogging out of the room with Taejoon following behind his father. He crawled of course. Baekhyun then picked him and settled him on the high chair. Taejoon just stared at the pancakes and started hitting the table with his hands.

"Taejoon, what did I say about hitting the table?" Taeyeon started cutting the pancakes into smaller pieces and drizzled a tiny bit of maple syrup on it mixing it all together. It was as if he was sucked into a whirlwind of pancakes as he used the small fork to eat.

"Yum yum?" Baekhyun smiled widely at his son's cute attempt to 'stab' a piece of pancake but it just dropped back into his bowl before he could even pop it into his mouth.

"Yum yum!" He exclaimed with his eyebrows high up. Taeyeon laughed at her son's silly action.

"Taejoon-ah, today's your first birthday! Yayyy!!!" Taeyeon clapped and everyone started clapping as well. "We'll invite your uncles and aunts as well as grandpa and grandma. Then we'll have a party." Taeyeon spoke as she fed Taejoon. Taejoon again clapped in delight at the sound of party.

"Mhmmm!!" Taejoon jumped in his seat, clearly excited. He wiggled his butt, dancing with his arms to express himself.

(Dinner)

"Ding dong!" The bell rang, alerting the owners of the house that someone was here. Taejoon who was playing with his toy train stopped momentarily as he stared at his father with wide eyes. "Who's here? Shall we go see?" Baekhyun gasped dramatically as he stood up to answer the door. Taejoon hurriedly dragged himself as quickly as he could to the entrance of the house. There they were greeted by his grandparents, Taeyeon's parents and brother.

"Good evening, eommonim, abeonim, hyungnim." Baekhyun bowed as he invited them in. Taejoon squealed as he sees his grandma. Baekhyun exchanged a bro hug with Taeyeon's brother.

"Aigoo our Taejoonie it's been a long time hasn't it? Our little grandchild grew so much!" Mrs Kim exclaimed as she carried the baby into her arms. "Can he walk yet?" Mrs Kim asked.

"Not yet, but he's slowly gaining more strength in his legs to walk a few steps." Baekhyun answered. He then accepted the gifts given by his in-laws, putting them in Taejoon's playroom for the moment.

The guests were Baekhyun's parents, a few colleagues, namely EXO's Xiumin, Sehun and Chen, Red Velvet's Seulgi and Irene, SNSD's Sooyoung, Hyoyeon and Sunny, Suju's Leeteuk and Donghae, NCT's Taeyong and Doyoung.

Kai and SHINee had given their present for Taejoon in advance as they weren't able to make it, due to their personal schedules overlapping.

Taeyong and Doyoung came and left early as they had their schedules back in the company office.

By now the house was crowded and Taeyeon felt thankful she had the thought of ordering some catered food as her cooking won't be enough to feed this many people.

After dinner, everyone sat around Taejoon as it was cake cutting time. They sang the happy birthday song which Taejoon happily clapped along. He made a failed yet cute attempt in trying to blow out the flame on the candle. His mother had to help him.

Next was the tradition the Koreans have; picking out the toy as a prediction to see what he'll become in future. Everyone cheered on him as Taejoon scrunched his face in serious concentration. At last he chose the stethoscope.

Photo-taking time was not to be missed as everyone took turns to take pictures with the birthday boy. It was surprising for the boy was not yet tired at a late timing of 11pm.

After the party, the family was exhausted. They decided to do some simple cleaning and take a shower.

"I love you." Taeyeon mumbled as she put the boy to sleep. "Sweet dreams." She got up and went to her bed where her husband was waiting her.

"Goodnight to you." Baekhyun brought Taeyeon into his arms as they both snuggled under the duvet.

"Goodnight to you too." Taeyeon says as she finds a comfortable spot in her husband's open arms.

-----

Omg its been a long time.

I know, I know I've been neglecting my books.

Laziness and homework are the two factors. Kekeke.

Goodnight to all who are sleeping (my eyes are closing)

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter!