Chapter 40

Since it was near fall you wanted to make an outdoor barbecue. But honestly you weren't that good at it. The green grass was covered in a layer of ashes from the burned newspaper yet you couldn't start the fire. Your eyes sting and your face was smeared in black strokes as some canvas.

Taehyung was out with Hani so you didn't  have to worry about his dinner. Or so you thought.

"Kim Seori!" And here it comes.

You turned around seeing Taehyung approached with a pissed frown plastered on his face.

"Are you trying to burn the house down? What is all this?" Taehyung walked towards you with hands fanning the polluting smoke away. Coughing hard you made the dust cloud explode giving reasons for more coughs.

Taehyung grabbed your arm pulling you away from the cloud. At times like this he wondered if you really use the brain of yours.

"I want barbecue," You said between the coughs.

"Then buy some," Taehyung sounded irritated.

"It's not the same! I want it on fire not over a stupid grill pan in some restaurants." You whined.

"Eat some ramyeon,"

"No I want barbecue,"

"You don't even know how to start a fire."

"I can cask eom- oh wait I can't call Eomma. She don't have a phone." You spoke to yourself.

"Or maybe... Minji probably know how to start a fire." You took out the phone completely forgetting about Taehyung's existence.

"What are you doing?" He said but didn't get an answer from you, you where still fumbling with the phone trying to message Jimin.

"I am asking what you are doing?!" Taehyung said again.

"I'm looking for someone who know how to start a fire! Why?!" You exclaimed, tapping the phone with your two fingers.

Taehyung grabbed the phone from your hand, earning your scorching attention.

"What now?" You said pissed.

"Your husband is standing right in front of you and you text another guy?"

"Minji is not a guy! Well technically he is but not in the same sense!" Your words caught him off guard, Taehyung stopped pushing you aside but still kept his arm up. Taking the chance you kicked his knee hoping he takes his arm down. You didn't expect he would lose his balance and near falling into the grill.

"Taehyung careful!" You grabbed his arm pulled him towards you. You both faltered a step back, he bumped into your shoulder, nothing serious happened beside the heart attack of a shock.

Taehyung's mouth was wide agape, terrified as he knew what danger could happen if you hadn't pulled him. You let out a sigh, pushing him to the side you then walked to the grill.

"Jesus, you nearly destroyed my grill"

"Thanks for the concern wife." He scoffed in disbelief, still with gratitude but also in shock.

"You are all good right?" You turned with a small grin on your lips. Indeed you were worried of him, but it would be too awkward if you didn't turn the topic to the grill.

"Seems like it," he made the odd smile of both disbelief and amusement.

"Did your grill get hurt?"

Instead of addressing the direct concern the grill was used in your place. 

"Ehm I don't think it got that hurt?" You oddly answered.

Taehyung nodded. You both stared at each other for what felt like an eternity before you broke the stare and told him to go up and rest.

"Sure, have fun with your grill..." he scratched the back of his head, stalking the time a little as it seems.

"Sure, have a good rest with your bed..."

Taehyung went up and took a shower. Done washing up he went out wearing kneelong shorts with a white shirt and slippers. Drying his hair light with a towel he passed the living room and went up to bed.

You managed to start the fire after getting advice from an expert. The mint haired donkey asked what kind of fire you were intending to start, making you slight confused. What type of fire did he refer to?

At last you got your meat grilled and ate for more than ten stomachs or so. After eating to your hearts content you then went back inside, after shutting the fire down.

You wanted to take a shower hence went upstairs for the washroom. When passing Taehyung's room you found his room still lit up, making you wonder if he was still awake. Peeking your head inside you checked it out.

"Taehyung, are you awake?" You whispered but there was no answer.

Your hand reached for the outlet, but sudden halted when a refrained hiss penetrated the silence.

"Taehyung?"

Approaching his bed you then bent down by his side. It seemed like he was sleeping, but the restless breathing sounded as a painful groan. Removing the blanket from his face you found him drenched.

"Hey, Taehyu..." you shook him light.

"Taehyung?" The line deepened in his pan , his breathing uneven as if he was holding them back.

"Hey Taehyung wake up," your words finally reached him, slowly opening his eyes your face came to his field of view.

"Hey are you-" before you could finish his arms wrapped around your shoulder and pulled you up to his bed in a tight hug. His head rested on your shoulder as his breathe hitched, small sobs evolved while his body slight trembled. His sweat dropped down your clothes but you didn't mind, you were only worried hearing the painful gasping and the uncontrolled breathing as if he had been running from a hunter.

"It's okay, it's okay," you pat his arm, gently stroking his back.

"Don't leave me again," he cried painfully.

"I won't, it's okay, everything will be okay," you assured.

A/N: finally came up with something! Thanks for the wait ^^

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Apr 06, 2020 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

|| ENGRAVED RINGS || Kim Taehyungजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें