Chapter 20

You had a little tea time with fruit in the livingroom. Taehyung didn't let a word out, only nodded and smiled in respond to his mother's comments. She left after finishing a whole pot of tea.

Standing next to each other at the gate to the house you both bade her goodbye with smiling face. The moment she drove out of sight you both were pushed apart as polar magnets.

Entering the house you started cleaning the table while he flopped himself on the couch.

"Can you turn on the tv?" Had he looked up from the phone he would see that you were having a mountains of plates, three cups and a teapot in your embrace and that the remote was next to him on the couch.

With your ninja skills you managed press the button of the remote with your toe, Taehyung frowned, thinking you were going to kick him as your foot was next to his face. His lip corner was slightly pulled as a puppy that was about to bark, ignoring him you went to the kitchen and started washing the dishes.

"SEORI! PHONE!" He yelled from the living room.

"PHONE!!!"

Since the tv was on and water running you didn't heard what he said. Heavy footsteps entered the kitchen. You turned back to see his hand raised, you flinched back slightly shocked but he was just putting the phone to your ear.

"What?" You asked startled.

"Your mother," He stated irritated.

"Eomma?" You turned the water off about to take the phone, he dodged your hand then put it back to your ear while signaling for you to continue washing the dishes. You rolled your eyes in annoyance but let it be.

"Why isn't your flat booty where I can see it?!" Blood rushes to your cheeks at her statement you looked at Taehyung with rounded eyes, the slight grin on his face told you that he heard that.

"Eomma! What are you talking about?!" You whined into the phone embarrassed.

"Ya! Do you even know what day it is?" You mother said hard.

"Obviously not my day." You pouted.

"Filling your head with useless study and now you don't remember grandma's memorial?!" Your eyes widened and mouth agape. You completely forgot that. Every year you and your mother would go to visit your grandpa a day before the memorial rite to prepare the food.

"Eomma, you're still in Busan right? You didn't betray me right?" You said clearly terrified. Your mom forgot the memorial rite once, causing you and the two of you to kneel with raised hands in repent for hours. Staying loyal you got the punishment though it wasn't your fault.

"Have you lost your mind, of course I'm already at Grandpa's house, Am I crazy to wait for you?"

"Eomma!!"

"When are you lazy butt coming?" She said harsh.

"tomorrow..." You pursed.

"Okay- AH! And Take your husband with you," She said.

"Mmm." You heaved a sigh. The call ended and you gestured for Taehyung that it was over.

"Forgot the memorial rites huh?" He said with an annoying grin plastered as grabbed a glass from the shelf. He obviously heard the whole thing.

"I'm so dead...." You murmured to yourself.

"By the way" He said while turning at you, you lifted your face from the sink and looked at the mischeivous expression.

"I'm not going with you," He said.

"Go where?"

"To your grandpa's place?"