Chapter 11 - Unknown caller

It's been a whole week without Taehyung. You didn't feel much different from when he was living here. Even back then he was barely home. At least he came home at night. Drunk though, but home.

You convinced yourself that this feeling was pure decent concern between people living together. Nothing more. Calling him shouldn't be big a deal. Now you think about it, you have never been the first to reach for him. It was always Taehyung.

Where you shy of calling someone you've just met or afraid of hearing another voice who wasn't his? You convinced youself it was the first.
You grabbed your phone and flopped yourself on the courch. You called him. Eventually.The ringtone rang for some seconds before the call was answered.

You were nervously awaiting for a voice to greet you, but for eternal seconds it was silent. Instead of keeping the mute contest going, you spoke up.

"Yeobeo-"

*DUDUT*

You looked at the phonescreen to see the default display.

The call ended.

You dialed again but this time it was transfered to his voicemail. Maybe he was out of battery. You decided to text him instead.

[Where are you?|]

You deleted the text.

[At least let me know you're alive]

You pressed send.

The whole day passed but he didn't reply.

The 8th day

It was the eighth day you've spent alone. You called him again hoping that he had charged his phone this time. He had probably called you back if it was and if he wanted, but you overlooked that point.

You called, but he didn't pick up. You checked the message box but the message wasn't even read. You suddenly got a call from a hidden number, hoping it was him you took it.

"Yeobeoseyo?" You asked but was replied with silence.

You waited for awhile but got no answer.

*DUDUT*

The phone call end.

Who was that?...!

.

.

You've called Taehyung everyday since, but to no difference.

Only on the 12th day did something happen out of the ordinary.

He read it!

Your expectation rose.

The screen flashed three moving dots, indicating him writing something, you blinked twice in case you were just hallucinating, but then the screen froze.

You then called but was directly transferred to voicemail. You sent him a new message.

[If you want me to stop calling at least let me now.]

The 14th day

Two weeks passed as years. The feeling of concern soon changed to worry. It didn't look like him...but what did you know? You've only known him for near 20 days and he was absent 75% of these.