Chapter 31

Studying was hard, adding terrorizing on top of that didn't made it better. You planned the craziest thing to do every night to make Taehyung kick you out but nothing worked. You took chip bags with you and started eating them in the middle of the night, making unnecessary munching sounds and noise. You were prepared for his scolding and rage, but he didn't say anything near that.

"Why are you eating in the middle of the night?" Taehyung asked, giving you the worried look.

"I get easily hungry... if it's too noisy then maybe I should get back to my room, if it disturbs you?." Your eyes hopeful.

"Take your time.. eating."He said then went back to bed.

Since that didn't work you thought it was maybe too unambiguous. Then you got a new idea. You played explosive loud war music. You turned it up when Taehyung was on the phone with Hani, you thought that would be enough to piss him off, since Hani meant a lot to him and he really treasured her phone calls. Their conversation was put to an end as the noise was too much, just as you predicted.

"Kim Seori!" You heard Taehyung yell amidst the noise.

"What?!?" You replied back from the closet.

"Turn it down!" He yelled from the bed.

"What?!?"

"Turn it down!!!" You couldn't hear him so shut the music.

"What?!" Your tone was unintended raised, hearings were still adjusting to the soundfree surroundings.

"What kind of thing are you hearing?"

"My friend just showed me this, isn't it addicting? I mean the soldiers marching and the highlight with all the instruments it's just so artistic, I want to hear it over and over again." You said with overloaded passion, as a convincing salesman.

I'm gonna kill that friend.

"You make the closet shake!"

"Do you find is uncomfortable?" You said, though already knowing it.

"No but the creature outside has another opinion." Taehyung pointed out the window.

Your hearing was still damaged that you couldn't hear the cats wailing and the dogs barking. Was it that loud?

"But it's only good when hearing it loud"

Till my eardrums explode, stupid liar.

Taehyung then rummaged his desk, he took out something then approached your closet. He bent down and stretched out a hand.

"Your phone."

"For whAt?" You held it tighter, as it was some treasure you were afraid to lose.

"Phone." His hand shook, gesturing for you to hand it over. Neglectingly your you did as told. He placed a big headphone on your head then stuck the stick to the jack of your phone. The music started playing and he turned the volume up, your ears screamed as it was on an earthquake.

"Loud enough?!?" He screamed.

"What?!" You yelled back.

"Louder?" Evilly he pressed on the volume to max. Your eyes clenched tight by the excruciating pain that was running through your ears. Not able to take it any longer you took off the headphones and groaned loudly. A smile crept its way, spreading the smirk across his triumphant face. You shoot him the angry glare, fully aware that he knew what you were up to, yet ruined your plans without putting much work into it.

"You don't really find this closet comfortable do you Seori?" His voice teasing and despicable, the arrogant smile on top of it just made it worse.

"I don't know what you are talking about," you angrily responded not wanting to admit that he was right.

"Come on you've been scheming events every single nights to get out, I'm not stupid? Just admit it."

"It's not!" You brazenly replied, unable to conceal the sullen expression.

"Then what's the problem?"

Sleeping in the closet is the problem!

"Nothing!"

You were no fortuneteller but knew Taehyung was aware of your thick skinned lie. He didn't have to be a genius to figure that out. Afraid of being exposed of the obvious, You turned around and faced the closet wall, providing him a clear view of your back and nothing more.

"I'm still talking to you." Taehyung said.

"It's night I have to attend class tomorrow. We can talk later."

Considering it was already night Taehyung let it slide. He wondered why you were so obsessed to get out? Did you really hate being in the same space as him? Or was there another reason?

.

Awaken in the middle of the night Taehyung let out a exhausted sigh. He thought you were up to something again. Sitting up he turned on the lamp on his night stand. It cast a faint light but enough for him to get a view of his surrounding. You weren't in the closet, it was wide open.

"Seori?" He let out a hoarse call.

He got no answer, but only silence, a silence that didn't last that long. Sounds of someone running up and down the stairs was heard outside the room. He went out to check up on it, he was sure it wasn't anything serious, just you doing weird things as usually.

"Seori?"Taehyung rubbed his eyes looking at you walking back and forth in front of his room as some kind of zombie. You didn't answer but simply stared at him while standing there.

"Ya, what are you doing in the middle of the night?" You walked pass him, eyes empty and expression blank. Your eyes wide open yet you seemed like a corpse without soul. You passed him and went down the stairs. It was weird, but he didn't bother to argue anymore, a weeks of sleepless nights was enough for him to give up on keeping you in the closet. The clock was only past four in the morning and he just wanted to get back to sleep.

He went back to his room, engulfed himself in the bed he let out a tired sigh. Just as he closed his eyes your phone suddenly rang from the closet snapping away his moment of drifting back to sleep. The ringing was poison to the ear, angrily he stood up to turn it off.

But it wasn't any call, it was your mother. His senses awakened instinctly and he recieved the phone.

"Yeoboseyo?" Taehyung said, pulling his facial expression.

"Taehyung-ie?" your mother replied as if she was familiar with his voice. He didn't know why he found her familiar despite not really talking to her before.

"Ye... Omeoni..." Taehyung awkwardly replied.

"Oh, did I wake you up?"

"No... I was already awake..." Taehyung silently yawned, it was weird to talk to his in law, he had never seen or met before, yet it felt like he had.

"It's only four in the morning, did Seori keep you awake?" She lightly laughed on the other side.

"Well.." Taehyung shrugged with light laughing. He wasn't familiar talking with strangers but considering how much you cared for your mother he didn't want to give her a bad impression. For your behalf.

"She still have the bad habit of sleepwalking doesn't she? That's why I never let her sleep at others place." Your mother chuckled heartedly.

"Yes..." Taehyung said sheepishly.

"Wait... eomeoni... Did you just say sleepwalking?" his voice calm despite the frown that cracked it's way to his face.

"Yeah, she's really a troublemaker, she sleepwalk wide open eyes! Sometimes she even walks outside in the middle of the night and I had to chase her!"

A loud bang downstairs was heard. It was the main door being opened and closed.

Oh Shi.... Taehyung mentally cursed.

A/N: thanks for reading I'll try to be more active for the kind souls who are still reading 💛