Chapter 14 - Lost Again

You sat across Doctor Park in his office. He looked at you with a light grin, your eyes darted elsewhere to avoid his as you pressed the ice bag against your burning cheek.

"You're lucky the security guard came in time." He shrugged then laced his hand on top of the desk smiling at you.

"Is it possible to get Taehyung discharged?" You asked bluntly.

"Letting him staying here is much more dangerous... with all his visitors." You mumbled the last part.

"You're worried about his safety?"

"No, mine."

The doctor chuckled in respond to your words.

"Seori-ssi. Are you really his wife?"

You brows knitted, guess your current state wasn't enough to convince him.

"Yes." You replied short to his question.

"Fine then-" Your first impression of the punctual doctor was faltering as he turned the desktop screen to you, about to show you some of Taehyung's records and some diagram....

"You trust me just because I say yes?" His focus moved from the screen to you with a lifted brow.

"Honestly? No. A wife that shows up after two weeks...isn't it quite a relationship? The reaction when I said you weren't the first girl showing up was even less convincing." His observant mind earned some points.

"But you're the first girl to ask about his whereabouts. The others girls found his room knowing his condition without being in contact with the staff." he grinned.

"That's the only reason for trusting me?" You found it suspiciously easy.
Like math when it's easy it's definitely not right.

"As said before, you're the first girl which name he still remembers."

Guess he didn't see the melodrama of Taehyung calling Jihyun's name.

"He didn't even remember the name of his girlfriend, who bought him to the hospital." The man added, slowly studying your stoic expression which didn't change a slightest bit.

"Seori-ssi, are you making an effort to arise my suspicion-" he rested his head on his interlaced fist on the table.

"or had your reactions always been cold and dry?"

"Would forcing myself to act surprised make me seem less suspicious?" You answered earning his dry laugh.

"Then would it surprise you if I said the overdosing was intentionally by Taehyung himself?"

The ice bag dropped from you hand and land on your lap. 

So you can show more than one expression. The doctor grinned.

"He might have been unaware though."

"Ne...?" You managed to utter.

"Who would drink alocohol after taking such dosis of sleeping pills? It's literally suicide."

You fell into his trap. Though the hint of irritation of being tricked was instantly killed by the aspiring relief. It wasn't intentional overdosing as you were afraid of.