Chapter 38

It wasn't particular uncomfortable neither was it a delightful meeting, heavy might be the word, although Hani was so happy to see you that she didn't noticed it. Dragging Taehyung towards you and Jungkook, she smiled bright as ever.

"What are you doing here?" Her eyes anticipating, curious of who you were with more than what you were doing.

"Just..." you tugged a forced smile.

"A friend." Taehyung said with painful calmness, not showing the slightest change in his empty expression.

"Jungkook, nice to meet you," Jungkook reached out a hand.

"Hani-"

"Taehyung," Taehyung grabbed Jungkook's hand before Hani got a hold of it.

"What are you doing here?" You asked, pretending not to notice anything.

"Shopping, Minji's birthday gift," Hani sighed heavily, oblivious of the negative vibe everyone felt.

"Oh right, his birthday is coming... how can I forget that."

"So you haven't bought his gift yet? Then we can do it together-" hesitant yet you know it was better to turn her down before she got her expectations up.

"I actually...need to help out Jungkook," You said tilting you head to his side. For once did you find his presence a fortunate thing, you didn't particularly like the feeling of the third wheel, though Hani never considered such an existence.

"We could help you in helping him?" Hani suggested.

"I don't think so." Jungkook said, his empty eyes made him look a bit angry.

"How come you haven't even told us what it is about?"

"Well maybe you could be to help, just not him." Jungkook regards Taehyung a shrug.

"What is it I can help with but not Taehyung?" Hani said offended.

"Fitting a dress."

"What?"

"Seori is helping me trying out dresses for my girlfriend's gift, but Hani-Ssi wouldn't be a bad option. You proportion is closer to her in fact." You pulled Jungkook a few steps from Taehyung and Hani.

"Eomma send you on errand to buy a dress for your girlfriend?!" You said only in audible tone.

"I don't have a girlfriend." His tone low.

"What?"

"Can't you see I'm trying to bail you out?." Jungkook whispered to your ear, as he rolled his eyes, clearly impressed by your slow wit.

"So...." a light slowly lid up as you dragged the word.

"you-"

"I'm lying."

"For you."

For unknown reason you were at lost of words. Not knowing if it was due to gratitude or baffledness. Looking back at Taehyung and Hani, Jungkook flashed a playful grin.

"So what do you say Taehyung? Can I borrow your girlfriend?"

"We have our own business." Taehyung smiles back, a fake grin with no real sincerity. He pulled Hani closer to his side as if claiming her to be his.

"Guess I'll just take Seori then." Jungkook said putting an arm across your shoulder, wiggling his eyebrow in a playful manner only for you to see.

"Nice to meet you~." Jungkook waved at the two you left behind as he walked away with you under his arm. You glanced up at Jungkook. A triumphant smile played on his delicate lips, his hand swayed slightly from the edge of your shoulder as you both walked side by side.

"Which class did you attend to be this fluent?"

"In acting?" His smile growing.

"Lying." You sharply replied. He didn't say a word only answering with a light chuckle.

"The only class I'm attending is at the police academy."

"You wanna be a police?" Your round eyes unable to hid the glint of admire.

"Didn't expect that from someone like me huh?" He said playfully.

"No, just didn't expect a promising police officer to fool the people and breaks the rules."

As lying to your mother to get a cheaper place, just the mere thought made you sigh heavily.

"It's a lie. I'm not taking any classes at the police academy. Actually, I stay away from any kind of class." He said, making you roll your eyes.

"Ya, aren't you taking you arm." The heavy arm on your shoulder was quite inconvenient.

"I helped you out, show some gratitude." His words commanding, yet laced with a friendly smile, making you grin too. Well he was right, this's is nothing compared to what you escaped from. Being stuck between Hani and him.

Your eyes darted to the ground, not wanting him to see you smiling expression. Accidentally, Your hand brushed against his waist as you walked. It felt something hard. Your gaze wiped to his waist, realising the solid thing your hand bumped into was the leather wallet inside his pocket.

"Ya." You voice went dark.

"What is this?" You pushed his arms away grabbing the wallet. Jungkook stumbled a few steps back, grabbing the side of his waist with a concealed wince.

"You found my wallet." His tone surprised. Jungkook approached but you only stepped back. You were angry not knowing what to say or believe. How much was all this a lie? What he has been saying and telling how much was valid? Did you not deserve any sincerity at all?

"I'm so done with you-" You said angry, throwing the wallet at him and walked off. Jungkook wanted to confront you, but his physical condition didn't allow him to.

Wrapping his waist tight with his right arm, Jungkook kneeled down to pick the wallet with his left hand. His facial muscles tightened fighting the abdominal pain he had been hiding hallways through the buffet but ignored to accompany your feast.