Chapter 37

Maybe food is the cure for everything. At least it worked for you. Jungkook didn't lie about his appetite, people would think he had been starving for days at this rate. The dirty plates piled up as you both choose breakfast buffet. Any normal waitress would be annoyed by the many times they had to drop by and pick the plates if not it was for the bright smile that blinded their sanity. After finishing his last paid Jungkook grabbed the napkin and cleaned his mouth.

"Already done?" Sarcasm evident in your mocking manner.

"Thanks for the meal." He said with all thankfulness. Shaking your head lightly to the sides you tried to adjust to the boldness of without backbone. Catching a waitress you paid the bill, her exaggerated friendliness made you uncomfortable. Her service wasn't for tip or for pleasing the customer, it was indeed with ulterior motive. The flirty eyes never left the guy sitting opposite you.

"I hope everything lived up to your expectations," the waitress smiled an half moon smile.

"It was good," You answered with no sincerity. The waitress left with a force smile, concealing the disappointment of getting your answer and not from the guy she tried to gain eye contact with. You left the cafe with the mind of not wanting to return. Dragging his feet beside you, Jungkook seemed to struggle with keeping up to your pace with a full stomach.

"Hey, can't you walk a little slower, we just ate enough for hibernation." Jungkook said.

"That's why you have to digest the food." You said walking a little faster.

"Someone might think you are being chased out of there."

"Let them think that, it's not like I'm going back there." You passed the section of cafe and shops and got closer to the mall in centrum.

"It was delicious though."

"The service just lowered the quality of their cafe."

"What was wrong with the service?" He said oblivious, making you wonder if he was really dumb. Stopping up you snapped your gaze at Jungkook.

"Didn't you see how she flirted with the customers?"

"My eyes were on the plate." He said with uttermost sincerity.

"Well guess I am the only one with eyes then," You said back.

"Even if she's flirting with the customers what's the big deal? She could be single?"

"It's not about her, it's about the fool she laid her eyes on," You sighed frustrated.

"He was obviously sitting with another girl, but she didn't even mind her own business and even tried to make a move."

"They probably didn't look like a couple then." Jungkook replied.

"Just because they don't go with a sign saying they are together doesn't mean she can allow herself to just make a move. That is just bad morals. Such lack of common knowledge is just ridiculous!"

Jungkook went silent while passerby's stared at you two as a typical couple having a fight. Your high-pitched rant attracted more viewers than you had realised. People gave you the pity look while regarding Jungkook accusing eyes.

"Who are you in that story?" Jungkook asked, turning your mind blank instantly.

"And who is the waitress?" You couldn't answer, as if there was a curse casted upon sealing you lips from even parting.

"Seori!" A cheerful voice interrupted your paralysed moment. Your head snapped in the direction of the familiar voice. From a far Hani stood with linked arms with Taehyung, she waved at you with the brightest smile while Taehyung just stood with a hardened expression at the scene of you and Jungkook.