Chapter 25

It felt out of place that your name came out of those lips. It didn't felt familiar but somehow it didn't sound awkward, as if it was the most common word to say in the world.

"Did you just call me Seori?" You said eyes unconditionally glued to his, that weren't meeting yours. He kept looking at the apple as it was something precious something that could disappear any moment if he just lost eye contact for a moment.

"It's not your name?" Jungkook said, a satisfied smile crept across the handsome face as he peeled the apple without breaking the long skin.

"It's not the point. We didn't drop the formalities, you should still refer me as Noona."

"I'll call you that when the elders are in the house." Putting the skin in the trash cane he finally turned to look at you. He took a huge bite of the apple, his eyes grew as the sweet savouring taste hit his sense.

"That's not how formalities work," You said, giving him the look.

"Then tell me how it works Seori,"he moved closer to you at the fridge.

"Hierarchical system. A thing in our culture that shouldn't be taken light." You said, putting on the firm lecturing voice.

"So?" He munched taking another bite of the apple and waited for you to continue.

"To show respect towards people older than you, there are horrifically ways to address them." You knew he wasn't foreign to the topic but still explained, for sure Jungkook wasn't oblivious nor stupid.

"An unwritten rule, showing a form of respect to the other part. Beside from showing manner to the one elder than you, it's also a way to be polite and considering to a person you've just met or aren't familiar with."

"You are pretty aware of it." You said, acknowledging his statement.

"Of course, I'm hundred procent Korean material." Jungkook said proudly.

"Well aware of that you should know that dropping the formalities is only upon agreement from both side otherwise it would be considered rude even offending."

"Let's see it from another perspective should we? Would it be rude or offensive if we say you were the one dropping it?" His eyes lit up with a smile, You were thinking for a moment, wondering if there was any trap with his question.

"No." You said after calculating the pro and cons.

"Why?"

"Cause I'm older than you."

"What makes you think you are older than me?" He said teasing with a belittling glint of arrogance in the intimidating gaze.

"My mother said so."

"You think she's an trustworthy source" You didn't like how he degraded your mother, as an distinctive act you stood up to defend her right away.

"My mom doesn't lie."

"Of course she doesn't ." Jungkook said smirking.

"I do."

He took another huge bite of the apple, his cheeks bulged as he chewed the big piece in his mouth, you on the other hand was still not comprehending the situation. Seeing you blinking confusingly the guy only looked with more amuse filling the alluring eyes that didn't left you.

"I could be your Oppa." He said making you instantly frown.

"What you saying is that you lied to my mom?" You face darkened instantly, the doe eyes sharpened in a fierce glare.

"Coaxing the facts to my advantage." Jungkook shrugged.

"What advantage?" Lines appeared on your forehead as you intensified the glare at the liar facing you, which didn't have any intimidating affect on him at all.

"Lower rent fee."

"How is exposing yourself to the house owner daughter to your advantage then?," You said crossing your arms demanding the answer.

"It doesn't. I just don't like calling you Noona, at least not when we are only us."

"And what make you think that I won't tell my mother that you are a conning bastard?"

"You got married to secure her a roof over the head, a filial daughter like you wouldn't make your mother look like a perverted woman believing the sweet talk by a young man without confirming his identity right?." 

"This is we're you are wrong Jungkook, letting a cunning liar like you stay here is what makes me a bad daughter." You said back, not holding back the disgust.

"Sure is you have the guts then expose me honey." Biting the lower lips he was as challenging you to do so. You knew from the moment your eyes met that Jungkook was bad acquaintance. He had that strong appeal emitting, fatal and dangerous. You were going to tell your mother as soon as she got home and get him kicked out right away.

Leaving the guy in the kitchen to himself you went into the room, smacking the door shut to the point the lamp in the ceiling shook. Jungkook only laughed seeing how you disappeared just like that. Having nothing to do Jungkook started peeling another apple.

For an half hour or so you laid in the room without making a sound. Only when the your grandpa and mother bickered did you realise that they where back. Taking a determined breath you stood up, leaving for the corridor to tell Your mother the truth of the devil she mistook for innocent and obedient.

"Eomma!" You roared the moment stepping out of the door. Your mother didn't respond but her voice was still heard. You met your mother and grandpa midways walking through the living room. Her eyes fixed on Jungkook with a wide smile that she didn't realise your existence in the living room. Only your grandpa acknowledged your presence as he gave you a smack behind the forehead as he walked pass you.

"Eomma-" You said but not that was getting her attention. She was fighting with Jungkook to carry the plastic bags but eventually gave in as the big arms stole the bags with ease.

"Oh Seori-ya" she looked up with smiling eyes as Jungkook strolled passed you with a smirking smile, carrying the bags to the kitchen.

"What were you saying?" Your mother asked.

"Eomma, Jungkook. Is-" you didn't get to finish as Jungkook yelled from the kitchen.

"Eomma?! Did you forget the jelly?!?" His voice whining and adorable, your mother couldn't help but smile. You haven't seen her smile like that in forever.

"Found it!!!" He shouted.

"Aigoo that kid, when is he going to grow up." She shook her head.

"Oh what were going to say?" You mother turned at you with blinking smile.

"Eomma actually-"

Jungkook came out of the kitchen with a piece of apple in both hands. He gave one for your mother and shoved another in your mouth. You turned glares at him, while your mother laughed lovingly. He purposely gave you a big piece making you all stuffed like a chipmunk. Not so confident anymore huh? You glanced at the Fox, who did a good job in not letting his nervousness show if there was any.

"Jungkook did you wash your hands?" You mother said with a sceptical look, her eyes moved from the piece of fruit and back at Jungkook.

"Of course." He smiled angelic.

"In the morning."

As catapult you coughed out the munched apple on his face.