Chapter 19

You drove with your mother-in-law to your house, now standing at the front door. Your hand was still trembling light due to the nervousity as you grabbed the handle, you pulled it down to realise that it was locked. Your brain heated, hands slightly shaky as you were about to do what was worse than a rock. Acting.

"It's locked," you said to yourself, purposedly loud enough for your mother-in-law to hear. Your house was still one of those old ones with key locks and not digital lock, now that was your only hope for escape.

"What's wrong dear?" She asked.

"Oh...I think I... forgot the key..." You rummaged your bag, turning a blind hand to the silver key that brushed your fingers.

"I have it" she said.

"Ne!?!"

You mother took out a key from her back making your eyes grew wide. The fear of her entering the house was for a moment more scaring than knowing what could've happen with her having the key. Reading the baffled expression on your face she awkwardly smiled.

"I know it's a bit... but haven't I made a spare key we will both be standing outside," she put the key in the lock and twisted it open. Your eyes nearly fell from your saucers as she barged into the house not giving you a chance to react.

"Eo- Mo- NI!" You followed her, hoping your loud warning reached someone's ear. You went inside, as you were about to take your left shoe off she was already inside the house.

"Taehyung you-..." you heard her decreasing tone and without a second thought you ran to trip on the laces of your shoes. Not caring about the pain you hurried stood up and ran to the source of her voice.

"EoMoNi I can EXPlai-" meeting her dazzling eyes at the kitchen made you a bit confused. Your mother smiled delightly, nudging your elbow as she pointed at the table with brighten eyes. Your eyes gazed at the dinner table that was still damping from just prepared dishes. Your nose registrered the smell, of homemade food. You were agape, confused seeing Taehyung looking you up and down with a fry pan in his hand.

"What are you doing here?" Taehyung said with a frown. Your mouth parted about to say something but didn't even know what to say, your eyes darted around searching for a glint of Hani, but she was nowhere to be seen. His mother couldn't hid her smile thinking that Taehyung made all this for you.

"Taehyung, what kind of welcome is this?" Your mother-in-law pursed her lips, that was when you realized that he was talking to her and not you.

"You shouldn't come unannounced," He said lifting a brow before placing the fried eggs on the plate.

"had someone informed they got a new number I wouldn't have to," She said with a light shrug. The effect of an after shock left your mind blank, heart matching it's pace as you slowly calmed down.

"What are you doing just standing there?," Taehyung said pulled you from your trance, you looked up with widened eyes, unable to make a sentence that would make sense.

"hmm?" Was the only thing you could muster. A slight grin tugged the corner of his lips as he scrutinzed your blank expression, eyes trailed down to the one shoe you were still wearing.

He didn't know that he would ever see you in such a state of panicking to the point of looking so innocent.

"Fix yourself so we can eat." Taehyung said, your eyes trailed down to where he was looking, your unlaced shoe.

"Oh...Kay..." You said, stumbling in taking it off while standing on one foot.

After getting a grip of yourself, you were sitting at the table beside Taehyung. His mother was sitting across the two of you smilling from ear to ear at the view that welcomed her. You just kept eating, eyes didn't dare to look up to meet her eyes. Taehyung placed an eggroll on your bowl, making you look up in surprise.

"How was the business trip," Taehyung asked his mother, not noticing your confused face looking at the eggroll in the bowl.

"It was fine, how about you two? Are things going smooth?" She said picking up some stirfried vegetables.

"It's fine, right Seori?" Taehyung said looking at you who was still staring at the eggroll.

"Something's wrong dear?"

"Ne?" You uttered, not aware that the conversation involved you.

"are things going well?" She chuckled, seeing your deer eyes.

"Ehmm.... yes Fine, thank you.." You replied.

"Why are you not eating?" Taehyung said looking at your bowl.

"Why did you give me the eggroll?" You asked dumbfounded. He being nice was something you weren't associated with.

"For you to eat?"

"Did you poisoned it?"

His eyes narrowed in a sharp glare while your mother simply bursted at your comment. She as well knew too that Taehyung wasn't a skilled chef.

"Oh dear, " She said with laughs between.

"At ease Sweetheart, he can't possible mess up a simple dish like this?." You awkwardly smiled and ate the egg roll.

.

After eating your mother went to wash up, while you and Taehyung cleaned up and washed the dishes. You finally got the chance to ask what was going on.

"Your annoying friend kidnapped my girlfriend," Taehyung answered while rinsing the dishes as you cut some fruits.

"Ah..." You said, realising that you owe Jimin once more. Guilt suddenly hit as you remembered that you forgot him.

Hani was making dinner for Taehyung. He looked forward to eat with Hani, but just got you as Jimin came and snatched Hani away. He was still a bit mad at you but had to cosplay a newlywed couple in front of his mother.

"Why the hell did he know what was going on?" Taehyung asked.

"He probably saw me talking with your mother. Minji is quick," you said casually.

Taehyung frowned. He threw the sponge in the sink making the water hit your face.

"Ya!" You turned glares at him.

"You were together with that punk? What if my mother saw you? Did you even think of that!?"

"Hey, if it wasn't for my friend you'll be exposed by now Mr." You talked back.

"You better not get caught."
He threatened making you threw him telepathic punches.

"Looks Who is talking?." You murmured.

"Stop making that expression."

"What expression?"

"That," He gave you the look.

"It's my face,"

"Then do something about it"

"YOU-"

Hearing footsteps of his mother made you stop yourself from speaking, Taehyung heard it too and purpose turned at you and whispered "feed me a melon when eomma is looking."

"Can you give me a break?" You hissed low.

"Hurry!" he stood their with open mouth waiting for you to feed him. Too focused in posing in a representative angle for his mother, he didn't notice that you hand reached for something else at the sink and not the fruit plate.

A light frown visible as he bat the crunchy texture, the taste hit his senses instantly his eyes darkened at you, saying that's-freaking-not-melon.

You made an eye smile that said yes-you-just-ate-garlic-honey.