Ch.19-A Lock In?

Beyoncé's P.O.V

Two months later.

"Juju, wake up baby." I cooed over his crib as his eyes slowly fluttered open.

Slowly he turned then reached up to me.

"Mumma." he mumbled.

This broke my heart, I've tried contacting Solange since she's been gone but I've got no response, she never told me where she went and mom doesn't even know where she is, it isn't ok at all that she just basically up and leaving and not talking to her son has slowly began to make him think that I'm his mother, even though I constantly remind him of who his real mother is, it seems like the more time goes on without him seeing or hearing from her, his memories of her become distant and he's beginning to recognize me as his mother.

Sighing I picked him up out of the crib.

"Shawn can you come here!" I called down the hall as he was in the bedroom doing whatever it is he does in the morning.

"Coming!" he yelled back and five seconds later he appeared in the door way of the room.

"Just stand there and watch this." I said while walking to the rocking chair in the corner of his room and sitting in it.

I picked up the photo of his mother from the dresser and placed it in Ju's lap as I held him.

"Who is this?" I asked.

He looked at it for a moment, then he shrugged.

"It's your mommy."

"Oh." he just said not seeming very enthusiastic at all.

I put the photo back on the dresser.

"Juju...who do you think your mommy is?"

"You!" he smiled big.

"Why is that?" I smiled back.

Suddenly this look came across his face that basically said I was a dumb ass who should of known the answer to it.

"Cus you luf me, ah I luf you." he muttered before placing his head on my chest yawning.

"I love you too Juju." I cooed holding him as I began to slowly rock back and forth in the chair, then I glanced over to Shawn who seemed to be a little confused of what Julez (his middle name incase you didn't know) seemed to think of me.

Shawn is staying home with Julez today because he's still trying to get over a little cold that he had, so when he eventually fell back to sleep on my chest, I put him back in his crib so he could get his rest then walked up to Shawn letting him wrap his arms around my waist.

"You hear that?"

"Yeah... that doesn't seem to good."

"Exactly, he's starting to think I'm his mother Shawn, and eventually, if Solange decides to stay completely and utterly M.I.A... what choice do we have but to take custody of him?" I whispered not wanting to wake Ju.

"Maybe she just needs a little more time-"

"Shawn, it's literally been two months and not only that, she hasn't returned any of me or my mammas calls or messages, no one knows where she is, even Kelly and Ty attempted to reach out to her a few times, she won't talk to them either. How do we even know if she's ok?."

"Well, I've honestly tried my hardest to make Solange not look like the bad guy... but when you've been gone for so long without anyone knowing your whereabouts and you've basically left your child behind, what other option do I have?"