Ch.6-Family Bonding

Beyoncé's P.O.V

"No Shawn, that's not true, you can't just fall out of love with somebody you already proved that it's clear as day, it doesn't work like that, you just need to clear your head, maybe get away for a minute, but you do love your wife."

"Bey... ok." he gave up.

"Listen, my mothers birthday is next week, do you mind if I take the week off to visit her in Houston?" I asked doubtfully.

"Sure." Shawn nodded Glumly.

"I'm expecting Kelly to be back any second... I can't have her questioning me, so you need to leave." I said no longer caring about hiding my emotions.

"I understand."

I observed as Shawn slid on his work pants since he had nothing else to wear, grabbed his jacket and tie, then exited my house without another word. As soon as the door shut behind him, the knot in my throat began to diminish. I sighed as I felt all the tension in my body release and I collapsed onto the couch. Staring hopelessly into the ceiling I pondered my whole situation and how I was going to deal with it.

*20 minutes later*

I heard the front door rattle with keys then it swung open as Kelly came walking in with a curious face.

"Bey- oh there you are get off the couch what are you doing?" she asked like I was stupid.

"I got a migraine." I lied once again.

"Awe poor baby, I was just going to ask if you wanted to go shopping but it looks Ima have to take care of you instead." she said placing my head in her lap.

"Kelly I'm flyin out to see mamma for her birthday on Sunday, do you wanna come?" I asked looking up at her.

"Of coarse!" she quietly cheered.

"Anything to see mamma Tina." I faintly smiled at her comment.

"Call Ty and ask if he wants to go."

"Ok I'll be back." Kelly Said carefully sliding out from under my head going to the other room.

*Sunday*

Standing impatiently by the door, I waited as Kelly applied unnecessary makeup wasting time.

"Come on bitch we ain't got all day!" Ty shouted out to Kelly.

"Alright, alright I'm coming!" Kelly yelled as she exited the bathroom.

"Damn you ain't gotta yell, me an Bey standing right here." Ty said. Kelly then gave Ty her 'I know you not talkin, I'm finna hurt yo ass' look and we both cracked up laughing.

"Ok ladies, calm down no cat fights." I smiled as we exited my house heading to the airport.

We arrived at out destination, went through luggage check and boarded the plain 15 minuets later.

****

The only one of us who is known for surviving those long ass plane rides is Kelly, so she ended up driving us from the airport to mamma's house.

Once we pulled into the driveway of the house, I took my phone off of airplane mode to see what messages I received, I had a missed call from Shawn. I clicked on the voicemail holding the phone up to my ear while hoping out the car along with Kelly and Ty.

Shawn: Hello Beyoncé don't worry about calling back, but you have received a promotion at work. You are no longer my assistant, you have gained a spot in the business. Upon your return, you will receive a full office with an assistant of your own, if you have any questions feel free to ask me yours truly, Shawn Corey Carter.