Ch.34- Finalized

Beyoncé's P.O.V
( 3 months forward.)

Dylan Elizabeth Carter.

Daniel Julez Carter.

It's final. We have finally adopted them.

After all the home studies, the questioning they put the two through, god bless Julez for not knowing what the hell they were talking about half the time. The private, and family counseling. Let me not forget to mention them trying to make it difficult as hell because Shawn and I aren't married yet.

But despite all the difficulty, they are finally ours. We are finally the legal parents of the two.

It didn't really sink in until I actually held copies of their newly reprinted birth certificates in my hand.

I couldn't help giggling a little thinking about it all. How fast things change.

Just a few months ago I had no children what so ever. My nephew was only staying with me for a while. And then here we are a few months down the line and my family is about to turn into the Brady bunch.

The word family even had a whole new deep meaning to me.

For a while, Carter was just my family. He was all I trusted around the time of my misscariage, I even shut him out for a while. And when I opened my eyes and saw he was still by side I fell in love with him all over again.

I stayed up under him, I only talked to him. Even though I had made amends with my mom I didn't talk to her for a while, or my sister. Or Kelly, or Angie or Ty. I wanted nothing to do with them.

I felt like their eyes were always on me, always judging me. I felt like they were smiling in my face, but shaming me behind my back. Mocking me for not being able to carry my own child. I was paranoid. I couldn't trust anyone.

I only smiled when I looked at Carter. I was only comfortable around him. If I was out alone I felt like everyone could read me like a book. I couldn't even hold normal conversations with people, especially women.

It was like I could just sense I wasn't a real woman to them. And I never would be. I didn't feel like one either. Knowing I couldn't carry a child dehumanized me. It made me feel like less than a person.

It took me a long time to get away from that state, to realize that wasn't true. It took me a really long time to love myself again.

But that whole time, the only constant to me was Carter. No matter how crazy I acted. Or how distant I was. Or how argumentative, and even abusive I was. He was consistently patient and never left me. So he was my family, that's all I saw as my family.

But now... Goodness how blessed I am seeing how different it is now. My sister is still a difficult story, and I know I'll have to face her eventually. Bur right now, I have my mother back. Kelly is in my life again. Angie and Ty are back. Dylan and Ju, the two I'm overjoyed to call my children. And also Nicki, she's apart of my family too.

I looked down smiling at my large 6 1/2 month belly before rubbing my hand over it.

And of course my beautiful angels too.

Today Carter and I are supposed to be going to find out the genders. We could've found out a little earlier, but I wanted to be surprised at first. But then Carter couldn't take it, and eventually neither could I. So we decided to learn the genders at my next check up.

Nicki told me she expected two little girls, but I don't know. My intuition is screaming girl at me. But I also have a feeling I got a baby boy in me too.

After we had gotten the finalization of their birth certificates I dropped Dylan off with my mom. They love hanging out with each other, Dylan says she's the grandma she never had. And my mother just loves having another young girl to care for and spoil. She's tired of all the men my family seems to be producing. Although of course she does love them all just the same.