Ch. 24- Accidents

Beyoncé's P.O.V

I don't understand why Dylan is trying to lie for Katherine. That woman has done nothing but hurt her, along with her father beating her.

My heart sunk into my stomach seeing those scars.

Suddenly I heard the garage door close, Shawn walked in holding Daniel.

Fuck I completely and entirely forgot about them.

"Dylan this is Shawn Carter, and my Nephew Daniel."

"Hi." she waved at them.

"Hello Ms. Dylan." Shawn waved back, Juju doing the same.

"Dylan do you mind going into the living room for a minute? Juju go with her and show her your toys."

"Ok!" he hopped down from Shawn running into the living room, Dylan following behind him.

"Not that I'm complaining but what is Dylan doing here?" he spoke quietly.

I sighed exhausted massaging my temples with my hands. I shook my head closing my eyes.

I felt his warm hands wrap around my waist and I leaned into him laying my head on his chest as he held me. I wish I could just lay here and be held like this forever. But I can't.

"Carter I talked to her step mother today she's horrible. The devil itself in high heels. I'm sorry but I couldn't let Dylan go home with her not the way she was talking about her mother...called her dirt. A whore. And the way she looked at Dylan you could see she couldn't care less for her...and Carter the father beats her. He believes that she lies so he beats her with a belt, and I'm not talking discipline she pulled up her shirt and had scars going all the way up her back." my eyes watered recalling what I saw, I couldn't even fathom the pain she must've been through.

"She said they go all the way down to her thighs Shawn, her thighs."

"Did you call CPS?" he questioned frantically looking down at me.

I shook my head biting my lip.

"She doesn't want me to... She says she won't see her mother again if she goes to the system. And her mother doesn't have alot of time left."

"Carter I don't know what to do."

I shook my head against his chest. My body felt numb thinking about the terrible things Dylan's father and Step mother have done to her, what they've put her through.

"Bey I understand you're worried about her well being and her relationship with her mother... But we have to bring this to CPS... Either way it's going to come up. Her father can bring us to court for an account of kidnapp since we have no relation to her besides teacher and student. But if he does that we can have him questioned for her scars and the verbal abuse. Either way Dylan will be taken out of custody and put into the system."

"I know... And I don't want to do that her... Can we please just wait till Sunday? I talked to her aunt and that's when her mother is able to have guest. We take her to visit her mom and then we do it... Ok?"

"Ok... We can do that." he spoke rubbing my back.

Carter and I both walked into the living room, I looked on as Julez showed Dylan his toy train and she smiled along with him. A light smile crossed my lips.

For a smile minute I felt like I was looking at my family. Dylan and Daniel being the daughter and son I never had. That I wished I had.

"Dylan sweetie are you hungry?" I questioned walking up to the both of them.