Ch.30 - Nicki's Car

Beyoncé's P.O.V.

I sat at the kitchen table with my mom, Angie, Kelly, Nicki and Dylan.

They had all been clowning me for throwing up while Carter proposed to me. Apparently they just found it so funny.

"Yes child you actually had me nervous for a minute, you were not finna say no after the planning I did." my mother spoke.

"What planning?" I questioned smiling while furrowing my brows.

Everybody exchanged quick glances ultimately trying to avoid my question. The only person who obviously was as confused as me was Nicki.

"Yall... Seriously come on now... What else could I possibly not know now?" I crossed my arms.

"I already know I'm pregnant, what Yall psychic now or something and know the genders?" I raised my eyebrow placing a hand over my stomach.

"Ok, ok fine..." my mom sighed finally cracking it seemed.

"Well... Carter may have told us a little bit ago that he was planning on proposing to you pretty soon. So, I've been talking to Kelly AMD your cousin and even Dylan here about plans for it. We've already got with a wedding planner, we have a venue and everything."

"What if I would've said no?" I crossed my arms.

"Well shot, then you would've been getting married to someone you don't want to get married to." my mother shrugged and everybody laughed, including me.

"So that's what yall sneaky folk been up to?"

"Yup!" Kelly smiled.

Soon breakfast was finally finished cooking and we actually had to go in our formal dining room to eat. There was enough room in the kitchen.

Everything tasted great, the morning felt great. The room was filled with non stop jokes and laughter.

Once everyone finished I decided I would wash the dishes. My mom insisted she would help but I told her this was my way of repaying her for cooking.

"You sure baby? I don't want you to stress yourself." she placed her hand on my back.

"I'm pregnant, not crippled mama."

She sighed shaking her head, before she laughed a little.

"Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry. Just tell me if you need anything-"

"Yeah, yeah I know. Now go." I smiled at her after kissing her on the cheek.

Once she reluctantly left the kitchen I began loading dishes into the washer. I fit everything I could in there before I had to hand wash the rest.

I heard someone enter the kitchen coming towards me.

"Mama I told you I'm fine."

"It's just me..." I looked making eye contact with my cousin Angie.

"Oh... Hey." I gave a faint smile.

She began assisting me with the dishes. I would've stopped her but things were honestly still pretty tense between us.

I did appreciate her being here for me and her helping my mom out with the wedding and everything, but it wasn't like she even wanted to talk to me before now.

The last time we spoke she was cussing me out, telling me my mother didn't need all the stress I was causing her and other stuff I honestly chose to not to remember.

It remained silent between us for a little minute. It wasn't until I had pulled the plug in the sink to drain the water that she spoke up.

I turned to leave the kitchen and I felt her hand wrap around my wrist.