Ch.17-First Day

Beyoncé's P.O.V

( 6 months later)

After searching and applying for almost a ca-trillion school positions, I finally landed a job as a freshman teacher at Goldman high school in Brooklyn.

I'm excited, the school year is just beginning. Shawn opened up another business and it's running well.

We've been together now for about twelve months out of the twenty seven months we've known each other now, but it feels like an eternity, I really honest to god love him with all my heart. Yeah we've gotten into arguments, some worse than others but at the end of the day...or a few I'm grateful for them. It makes us that much more realistic, and that's what I want, something real, something you can't even question if it'll last.

Tomorrow is the first day back to school, and Shawn agreed to go last minute shopping for classroom things with me.

"Baby, what do you think of this?"

I asked pointing to a poster that said, 'brighter attitudes, brighter learning environment'.

He looked at me like I was crazy.

"What?"

"You said freshman right?"

"Yes..."

"Well that poster makes me think. Third graders." he told truthfully.

I sighed.

"Yeah, I guess you're right I'm just nervous you know, I want to be a great teacher I don't know what to get."

"Just buy some damn pencils. I still don't understand why you trynna decorate your room for these bad ass bay bay kids, trust me I've seen your room, it looks fine." He said wrapping his arms around my waist kissing my neck.

"Shawn, how do you know they're going to be bad?"

"Your talking to a child therapist here."

"But you've only been one for what, three months?"

"Enough kids to know they bad as hell, some of then stank bad as hell too." he mumbled causing me to giggle.

I turned facing him.

"What ever I'm sure these kids will be wonderful, and innocent, they are freshman." I shrugged grinning wide.

He rolled his eyes.

"You really believe that?"

"Wha- yeah!" I said not finding a reason why I shouldn't.

"Ok, don't come to me sayin you trynna quit yo job because Daquan asked Shanderee to suck his dick in the middle of class."

My jaw dropped, then I bursted out laughing at his stupid comment throwing my hand over my mouth.

"Nigga you real dumb sometimes." I laughed then he suddenly slapped my ass groping it hard after.

"Shawn! they're are children here, why did you do that!" I asked surprised Turing to face him.

"Punishment for calling me dumb, I'll do it again too!" he smiled trying to reach around me.

I grabbed his hand to prevent him from slapping my ass, then the other, and suddenly we were wrestling each other in the middle of the isle as I giggled and laughed at him trying to get my booty.

*Next Day*

Anxiously I sat at my desk scrolling threw my email inbox waiting for the bell to ring, and my home room students to come in.