Chapter 34: Caution in Covetous

Previously:

"Adeline, I know I should've told you sooner but bu-"
"Haden, I-I want kids yes but we can always adopt or find a doner if we get that far. For now, lets just live in the moment. I don't want to think about that just now." I say with a smile and he exhales a breath of relief.
"This is why I'm falling for you."

---------------------------
We watch as the little girl skips around, a warm smile still on her lips. How can someone be so happy when their surrounded by nothing but misery and pain? She brightens the darkest parts of this plac,  but it almost seems as if she's being punished for something she didn't do.
"Oriana, when did you last see your family?" Haden asks and she sniffles, turning around and letting tears drop.
"I-I'm so sorry. They said they'd kill them if I didn't bring you here." She cries, running off through the gates.

I finally look up to see the Kingdom. Its as if lava is running dowm the black brick walls. The glass is painted with pictures of hell, the flames and the death showing no mercy for anyone who steps inside. I start shaking, my hand gripping Hadens tightly.
"We can do this okay?" He whispers to me and I nod, taking small steps inside and up the stairs of the Kingdom. Were faced with vast wooden door, some places chipped.

A rather large handle is placed in the centre and with shaking hands, I pull the handle back and hit it against the wood three times. Stereotypically, it opens by itself and with caution, I walk inside, Haden behind me. Our hands are still connected.

Inside, the interior is luxurious, but dark. Nearly all furniture is black, worn out grays or even dark crimson. Peculair paintings hang on the black walls down the narrow hallway on either side, little pieces of decor added, such as dying flowers, empty glass jars, a long crimson leather sofa, small black tables ect... My eyes scan the room, stepping further forward. The door slams shut behind me and I flinch, squeezing Hadens hand.
"Its okay sweetheart, no one seems to be here." He says and I roll my eyes.
"I dont think that's a good sign Haden." I mumble, when I step forward. The floor presses further down like a button and within seconds, the floor opens. I grab onto the ledge as Haden stands there, gripping onto my arm.
"Haden I cant hold on!" I say and his eyes fill with worry, his face laced with concern. My fingers slip further and the tips are just holding me on.
"I'll let go." I say confidently and Haden furrows his eyebrows, as if I said something crazy, which I kinda did.
"No you cant. You could die!" He yells in protest and I shake my head.
"I'm safe." I say and smile as I let go, falling freely back.

I close my eyes and hit the floor, softness vibrating through my body. I quickly stand, brushing myself off and pulling my backpack securely against me.
"H-hello." I whisper, looking up. There's no light and the opening that I fell through has long closed. Haden is by himself, but he's capable of protecting himself. I'm sure of it...

I'm not so sure of it...

"Oh no."

---------------------------
Chapter 34! They're seprated. Is it for the best or for the worst! How will all go down? Find out in the next chapter...

Dont forget to vote, comment and add this story to your library. Thanks!

Shadowed25💜