Chapter 1: Art for admiration

Present day:

The paintbrush presses softly against the canvas, a crimson red colouring the tip of the brush. I perform long strokes from the bottom of the canvas to the middle, in a wavy and gentle fashion. It creates the impression of flames, mixing in with my previous orange marks. I smile at my creation and add some more lines of red before setting the tool down and admiring my piece of art.
"That's all class. Time is up!" The teacher, Ms Lopez, announces as I tuck a stray strand of chensut hair behind my ear. She examines each art work, asking the inspiration for the piece.

Ms Lopez circles the entire group until finally I was up... and last. All eyes turn to me and I visibly gulp as my cheeks begin to burn.
"So Adeline, what inspired you to do such a distinctive piece?" I glance at my work and a small smile graces my pink lips.
"Well, I based it off a story my Aunt used to tell me as a child, about a Kingdom that was filled with joy and peace until the King was killed. It all burnt down and more Kingdoms were built. They were all ruled by evil people and the kingdoms became known as the Kingdoms of flames." I explain, remembering the intriguing yet dark tale my 5 year old self was so fascinated by.
"It is a very personal piece you deeply have a connection with and that is the best art. When the artist and their creation have an undeniable connection, it is something that cannot be critiqued, only admired." She smiles, before walking off and explaining next weeks task. We all pack up and I photograph my art, slipping my phone back in my pocket and leaving the room.
"Wonderful job Adeline. Great work!" Ms Lopez repeats and I grin, leaving after politely thanking her.

3 hours later:

After a few more hours of University, it was time for home. I place my earphones in and play some music as I begin my half an hour journey home in the delightful, beaming sun. I stop off at the printer shop and print my art work in A3 before buying a golden frame. Quickly, I pay then leave, continuing my walk home.

I enter straight through the familar, white front door, pulling out my earphones as I close it behind me.
"I'm home!" I yell, my mother walking around the corner as I take my shoes off.
"Hello dear, how was University?" She asks in a sing song voice, her usual happiness and calmity radiating.
"Same as usual. I did this." I state, pulling out the art.
"That's amazing. Such detail." My mother beams, immediately putting it in the frame and hanging it up in the hallway.
"Gorgeous." She mutters and I kiss her cheek, informing her that I was going upstairs.

I take the aching steps up the stairs and into my bedroom, placing my bag on the cabinet. I look at myself in the mirror, laughing at the paint splatters I somehow got on my face and have been walking around with all day. I walk into the joint bathroom, turning on the shower and undressing before standing inside and rinsing the paint, sweat and exhaustion from my body.

After 15 minutes, I climb out, wrapping a towel around my body and changing into simple pj's. I carry my clothes and place them in the washing basket, closing the cuboard door and entering the kitchen where my mother was preparing coffees.
"Thanks mum." I smile, taking the ready coffee from her smooth hands and sipping cautiously.
"Wanna watch a movie?" She asks and I nod. We both stroll into the living room and I grab the remote, searching through the channels.
"Ooh Beauty and the beast." We both say in sync and immediately begin watching it, singing along to the phenomenal music...
---------------------------
This the 1st offical chapter to Kingdoms of Flames. I hope you liked it. I wanted it to start quite calm and humble because things will take quite a twist. Thanks again for reading and dont forget nor hesitate to ask questions, comment statements or even critiques. Vote and add this book to your library.
Thank you!

*My schedule for this week is Sunday and Wednesday but starting from next week, it's Monday and Friday*

Shadowed25 💜