Chapter 31: Kisses in the lake

Previously:

"Haden, I dont know what to do. So, we go through the Kingdom and then what?" I ask and he bites his lip, before a feeling of determination sparks inside of him and it flickers in his crimson eyes.
"Then... we battle." I feel my heart tighten and the pressure weighing me down further just from those 3 words.

'Then... we battle.'

I guess we do...

---------------------------
The sky was painted in a dark emerald, a mist of green fog passing over it, darkening the sky altogether. There was large, white stands, burnt at the sides as we explored further into the Kingdom. Houses where made up, each one bigger than the other. The smaller houses were completely destroyed and lay in nothing more than a pile of ashes.

Shapers passed by, glaring us to six feet under.
"If looks could kill." I mumble as someone passes by. They look offended and I smirk, walking with my head held high.
"You're great at this." Haden mumbles and I bite my lip, lowering my head.
"Jees, these Kingdoms sure do have an affect on you." I say, running a hand through my chesnut hair. Haden chuckles and wraps an arm around my waist, recieving envious glares.
"Jealous much." I say and Haden nods, pulling me closer for protection.
"You know there's a gorgeous lake not far from here. We could take a bath in it?" Haden suggests and I nod my head repeatedly.
"Yes please!" I respond, asking him for directions before dragging him to the desired destination.

I see it glistening against a single ray of light and without another second wasted, I strip into my undergarmets and dive into the lake. I hear a splash seconds later, and swim to the surface, looking around for Haden.
"Haden!" I yell, holding onto the sides. There's no response and my heart begins to beat harder against my chest.
"HADEN!" I yell louder. Suddenly, I'm raised from the water, the cold air whipping against my exposed skin.
"Ah!" I shriek, holding onto the thing below me. I look down to see Haden, smirking. I roll my eyes and slip down, landing into his arms.
"Hi." He says and I smile, staring deep into his peculiar eyes.
"Hi." I say, before he sets me down in the water. He swims forward, eventually trapping me between the side and his body.
"H-Haden." I stutter and he smiles, leaning down and kissing my lips softly.

His large hands cup my face and I grin, wrapping my arms around his neck. The kiss becomes more passionate and Haden hooks his hands under my thighs, lifting me onto his waist. My legs instinctively wrap around and my hands tangle in his hair. We part for air and rest our foreheads against each other.
"Your so beautiful and amazing, talented, sweet, intelligent and-"
"Okay Haden I get it. But your charming, handsome, motivational, inspirational, loving and weird." I laugh, placing my hands on his cheeks.

I lean in again, our lips brushing against each other when we hear footsteps...

---------------------------
Chapter 31 and things got...heated! But, who could it be? Moreover, what could it be? Is it good or is it evil?

Dont forget to vote, comment and add this story to your library. Thanks!

Shadowed25 💜