Chapter 26: Warmth and Security

Previously:

I cautiously hold out my necklace and the deceiving roses back down. We continue or walk and promise to never be tricked by beautiul roses...

---------------------------
We sit, watching as the town unfolds. The sun that you can faintly see, sinks further down into the unknown and the blinding yellow sky settles to be a subtle golden tone, creating an almost tranquil atmosphere for the people in Voracity.

I rub my eyes sleepily and rest my head against Hadens shoulder. A yawn escapes past my lips and I feel my eyes droop. Haden nudges me and I jolt up, yelling:
"I'm awake, I'm awake." He chuckles whilst I groan, the agonising irritation of sleep wanting to posses my body. Haden began standing up and pulling me up with him.
"There's a little abandoned house not too far from here, you think you can last?" He asks and I smile lazily.
"There's only one way to find out" I say...

---TIME SKIP---

My head rests peacefully on his chest as he carries me bridal style for the last few steps, as we draw closer and closer to the abandoned house. I can see it in the distance and it's exactly what I expected.

Run down, the wood chipping away  and a window is smashed but covered up by more destroyed wood. Haden finally closes the distance and I help by weakly opening the door.
"Thank you sweetheart." Haden mumbles, pressing a kiss to my head.

I smile and snuggle further into him, greedily stealing more of his comfort, closing my tired lids. I feel the soft warmth of a matress and sink further into it, the security blanketing me. I hear shuffling before I squint my eyes open and look to see Haden removing his jacket and placing it over me.

I smile and put my arms out, dropping them as they become far too heavy. Haden chuckles and I feel the matress dip, as he climbs on and wraps his arms around me, pulling me closer. I sigh peacefully and place my hands over his. Haden snuggles his head in the crook of my neck.
"Goodnight sweetheart." He whispers in my ear and I hum, mumbling a 'night' before drifting off into a much needed sleep...

Golden streaks shine through, sneaking past the wooden boards and landing upon our faces. I groan, harshly grabbing the coat and covering my face with it.
"Morning sweetheart." Haden says in a deep husky voice which should make me smile and a little bit hot but instead I groan again, and bury further into the matress.
"Adeline, time to wake up." He whispers and I stretch my arm out, flinging it over him and snuggling further into comfort and sleep.
"5...more...minutes." I breath out, inhaling Hadens natural sweet yet manly scent.
"No sweetheart, rememeber Kingdoms to explore, people to save." He reminds me and I open my eyes, glaring up at him.
"I think they can wait five bloody minutes Haden." I snap and he chuckles at my morning mood, pressiny a kiss to my temple as I get ready to fall back to sleep.
"We can go for some food, maybe steal some for the journey ahead." He suggests and my stomach suddenly growls like a beast and Ijolt at the sudden small pain.
"Food sounds good." I say, forcing myself out of the 'bed' and sluggishly dragging my body to the attached, tiny bathroom.

I grab my toothbrush and toothpaste, taking it with me and brushing my teeth. Haden follows after and I brush my hair, splashing water into my face before grabbing my bag and throwing it back over my shoulder.
"C'mon Haden. Remember, Kingdoms to explore, people to save." I mimick and he rolls his eyes, opening the door and exiting as I follow after, slightly upset that we were leaving the warmth and security of the abandoned house. However, as long as Haden is with me, I have my warmth and comfort...

---------------------------
Chapter 26! I hope you liked it and I do hope you notice a little more detail as I wanted some more. I know things are a little simple now but trust me... it wont all be!

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and dont forget to vote, comment and add this story to your library. Thanks!

Shadowed25 💜