Chapter 23: Voracity- Kingdom of Gluttony

Previously:

"Thank you Alaunus. It's beautiful." I kiss his cheek and wave goodbye as Haden and I exit through the back door and arrive into a dark alley where we move swiftly to leave this prideful, evil Kingdon!

---------------------------
I look around, my eyebrow raised in confusion as everyone starts scurrying around, lining up in neat rows, their heads down.
"Haden stop for a moment " I whisper to him, grabbing his hand and pulling him towards the little gap.
"What's going on?" I ask and he rolls his eyes.
"The Queen is coming." Haden replies, his jaw clenching. I bite my lip and watch in anticipation as I hear horse clatters before it all goes silent. Suddenly, a loud bell chimes and everyone's face scrunches up including Haden and I's. It finally stops and I hear a voice yell:
"WHERE IS SHE?" Her voice echoes all the way to the other side of the Kingdom, a gust of wind following like waves.
"We gotta go, now!" Haden whisper yells and someones eyes meet mine. I stare in shock before beginning to run. We're always running!
"I saw something there. They've started running!" A voice yells and I curse under my breath as my feet stomp against the ground.
"FOLLOW THEM!" Queen Faye orders and rain starts pouring down but its not ordinary rain. The droplets are pure red and when they hit the ground, they burn.

Rain starts falling heavily down and I hear Haden curse yet I feel nothing. I hear screams of agony but I feel fine.
"Your necklace. Protection." Haden says breathlessly and my eyes widen. I grab his hand and he no longer hisses when a droplet hits him.
"Oh thank god. I didn't know if that would work." I say and Haden laughs as we come to water - lots of it. Again, it's the colour of blood and looks very, very deep.
"This is the way out." Haden says and I stare at him confused.
"Seriously?" I ask and he nods.
"I'm not lying. I hope you can swim." He says before diving in.
"HADEN!" I yell, diving in after him. He grabs my hand and we swim to a large hole on the ground. We exchange glances before we go through.

Before we know it, we're falling through the sky. It's in layers of different shades of yellow, even the clouds are mists of the bright  colour. We both land down into the golden grass, a thick layer of orange dust exploding up.
"It's so bright here." I complain and Haden chuckles, rolling on his side.
"Welcome to Voracity, Kingdom of Gluttony." He says and I roll my eyes.
"It cant be too bad." I say and Haden lets out a loud chuckle.
"Oh you have no idea." I hit his shoulder and he laughs, helping me up.

We enter through broken wooden doors, a useless barrier put up around the Kingdom.
"They care more for their luxuries and delicacies." Haden says and I roll my eyes, walking further down the concrete floor. I look around and no one seems to pay attention. They're too busy overdoing things. Their hairs are the sizes of mountains, makeup excessively used and they all seem to be...overweight. This is the Kingdom of Gluttony so overconsuming must be a normality for them all but even so, it's a bit extreme.
"They eat and eat and eat." Haden says and I smile.
"Sounds like me." I laugh and he joins in.
"Well Voracity is good for one thing. They always have food." My stomach rumbles loudly at the mention of food and my mouth starts to water.
"Yes please, I'm starving." I groan and Haden laughs, leading me to a restaurant.

---------------------------
Chapter 23 and they're in Voracity, the Kingdom of Gluttony. Gluttony is to do with over eating.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and dont forget to vote, comment and add this story to your library. Thanks!

Shadowed25 💜