Chapter 28: Light in the dark

Previously:

Right now, he was my only source of happiness to survive these hidden tears and devastation, clawing to show itself, but I had to be strong.

---------------------------
We leave imprints in the squelching mud as we tread along a patch of dead, crisp grass, making our way to an empty shelter. The sky was dimming to an almost black abyss, the silver moon afriad to make an appearance. I climb on a stone shelf that was placed quite high in the shelter.

Haden joins me and we both sit up, looking down as people pass through, without even noticing we was there. I grab Hadens arm and begin tracing along his skin, my fingetip following the transition from red blended into sunkissed.
"Have I told you your absouletly beautiful sweetheart?" Haden asks and my cheeks burn as I nod.
"Yes and have I told you how handsome you are?" I retort back to which he smiles at, kissing the top of my head.
"One more Kingdom and we can stop this all." He whispers and I sigh, closing my eyes before opening them.
"Haden, I want to thank you. I wouldn't have gone this far if it wasn't for you. I would've turned back. So thank you." I suddenly state and Haden grins before shaking his head.
"I admit, I have given you little pushes but it is you who has taken yourself this far. You've done things no person would have ever dared. You've had to go through things people wouldn't have survived. I'm just picking you up when you fall but its you who carries on running further and further." A grin appears and I rest my head in his lap, my coat as a blanket.
"You're honestly my light in the dark." I say sleepily, a yawn freeing itself.
"And you are mine." It's the last thing I hear before sleep compells my body.

My body is stiff, certain areas aching. I tap Haden awake and he groans, sitting up.
"Morning sweetheart." He says, smiling at me. I give him a weak grin back and he frowns.
"What's wrong?" Haden asks and I twist my neck, trying to stretch my limbs.
"Nothing, just bad tension." I mumble, twisting from side to side.
"Wait a minute." Haden says, jumping down. He turns and puts his arms out.
"Jump down." He says and I sigh, shuffling painfully to the edge and pushing myself off the stone. I land in Hadens arms and he sets me down before grabbing a bottle. He pours water into his hands before rubbing his hands on my neck, arms, back and shoulers.
"Mhm thanks Haden. Is that the healing water?" I ask and he nods.
"Thanks." I say, pecking his lips. We both go to a little stream by a drain and brush our teeth before running further away and slowing down to a walk when we reach a huge, grim and derelict building.
"Whoa." I say, my mouth open, eyes raking down the spine chilling building. It seems as if only dark clouds hover above this place and no light has dared to shine down.
"What do you think is inside?" Haden asks and I look at him, before averting my gaze back to the tower like building.
"Only one way to find out." I say, stepping forward and tapping three times on the door...

---------------------------
Chapter 28! Adeline and Haden are so cute!

Anyways don't forget to vote, comment and add this story to your library. Thanks!

Shadowed25 💜