Chapter 27: Inertia- Kingdon of Sloth

Previously:

"C'mon Haden. Remember, Kingdoms to explore, people to save." I mimick and he rolls his eyes, opening the door and exiting as I follow after, slightly upset that we were leaving the warmth and security of the abandoned house. However, as long as Haden is with me, I have my warmth and comfort...

---------------------------

We stand infront of a field, yellow blanketing the ground. I grasp Hadens hand and try to process what he just said.
"Just fall back?" I ask and he nods once again. We both walk forward, my steps hesitant.
"C'mon sweet heart. You trust me dont you?" He asks and I nod.
"Ofcourse Haden its just, I dont want to get hurt. What if we fall back and there's nothing there." I say and he faces me, letting go of my hands and cupping my face.
"Look into my eyes." He says and I bite my lip, staring into his crimson eyes.
"Haden..." I mumble and he smiles before connecting our lips in a slow and passionate kiss.

I grab his hands and nod my head. we both fall sideways, our lips still together. A yellow cloud of heavy mist explodes as we hit the ground but instead of feeling the hard impact of the ground, a softness brushes our skin and we fall through the ground, slipping through what felt like feathered pillows. My eyes fall heavy and soon...darkness!

"Adeline wake up. Sweetheart!" I jolt up, panting, my eyes wide.
"Whoa. It was like, I just passed out." I say and Haden pulls me into an embrace before standing up.
"It's what they do. What you fell through was actually a sleeping spell. Curtesy of Queen Aoife for tresspassers. It usually sends you into a coma until she wakes you up but your necklace must've protected you from falling into that of a deep, deep sleep." Haden explains and I release a sigh of relief. I nod and stand up, brushing off the dirt. I turned my head to see destruction!

Houses lay in piles in the floor, replaced with small little shacks or huts. Fires were made everywhere in order to bring heat to the ice cold atmosphere. Tired eyes stared longingly into the fire, their hands hovering over the heat. They wore nothing more than rags and their appearances represented the Kingdon. Destroyed.

I felt my eyes glaze over but I tipped my head back, the almost tears slithering back down. I clung onto Hadens arm, stepping futher into the Kingdom. I constantly heard screams, cries and groans, the sounds tormenting my mind and burning into it.
"Why is this Kingdom so...so... broken?" I asked and Haden bit his lip, his eyes closing.
"Queen Aiofe couldn't be botherd to stop violence and enforce rules so this was the result of her laziness. People find ways around her spell. Not all but some day and when they do, well, this is what happens." Haden explains and I nod my head slowly, looking up at Haden for happiness. Right now, he was my only source of happiness to survive these hidden tears and devastation, clawing to show itself, but I had to be strong.

---------------------------
Chapter 27 and they're in the 6th Kingdom, Inertia, Kingdom of Sloth.

Adeline's really struggling to hold it together, do you think she'll be able to or will she collapse like the Kingdoms. A repeat of history.

Don't forget to vote, comment and add this story to your library. Thanks!

Shadowed25 💜