Chapter 16: Ardour- Kingdom of Lust

Previously:

We land awkwardly, rolling a few times until we're lying flat on our backs.
"Told you we'd make it." I say and he laughs as we both get up, dusting ourselves off.
"Welcome to Ardour. Kingdom of lust." Haden says smirking and I roll my eyes.

"Just bloody great!"

---------------------------
Have you ever had that feeling like all eyes are on you? Welcome to my life! For every step forward I took, more eyes were on me or Haden. The Shapers would do small yet noticable things like straighten themselves up, trying to look tough or blow a kiss followed after by a cheeky, flirtatious wink. It sent chills down my spine and I couldn't help but have to fight the urge to smack the lust right out of them.

And with Haden, the girls were worst. They wouldn't be so subtle. They would make inappropriate comments as we walked by, winked, brush past him and blow him a kiss. But, he seemed to enjoy it.
"Ardour really is my favourite." Haden smirks and I glare at him before angrily pushing myself through a crowd of Shapers.
"Well, go with them then!" I snap before composing myself. What is wrong with me?
"Someone sounds a little... jealous!" Haden laughs and I stop dead in my tracks and scoff despite my cheeks burning red.
"Absolutely not! I'm not jealous and never will be." I yell, my cheeks darkening an even brighter red than before.
"Aww sweetheart I know you like me but there's no need to be jealous." He chuckles and I shake my head.
"I'm not jealous that's just what your ego wants you to think." I snap, running a fustrated hand through my hair.
"Whatever you say sweetheart. Anyways, c'mon in here. We can get something to eat and drink." He says, dragging me into a bar. I roll my eyes and take a seat whilst he goes and gets drinks for us.

I tap my nail against the wooden table as I wait. Ardour isn't that bad, it's better than the last two Kingdoms. The paths are filled with flowers (mostly roses) and every once in a while you see a word like 'need' painted somewhere. The sky is painted with bright and calm colours- magenta, azure and rose. It brings a sense of desire and tranquillity but I have the strange feeling its just trying to facade the destruction.

Buildings are still crumbling, there are areas with piles of burnt wood and shattered glass and ofcourse the familar scent of smoke still fills the air with the taste of ash still laying on the tip of your tongue.
"Hey what you thinkin' about?" Haden asks, sitting down in the chair opposite me with a plate of fries and two cups of water.
"Nothing, it doesn't matter. Anyways is there anywhere we need to go in Ardour?" I ask and he smiles.
"Yeah actually and old acquaintance of mine. She has some things that could be useful." I visibly stiffen and my hands turn into fists as I chew angrily.
"Okay." I respond and Haden chuckles, throwing a chip into his mouth.

He is enjoying this way too much.
"Hey there love." A voice says from above me and I turn, meeting vibrant green eyes.
"Hi there." I smile, watching Haden from the corner of my eye. Lets see how he likes it.
"You are really, really hot." The mystery Shaper says and I smile, standing up.
"Your not so bad yourself." I wink, mentally cringing at myself. I've never dated anyone in my life before let alone flirt with them.
"Wanna get outta here?" He asks with a wide smirk and I laugh before I hear a slam next to us.
"Right that's enough of that. This is my girlfriend and you need to stop seducing her before you get hurt there." Haden yells and I smile, quite amused but curious as to why he said I was his girlfriend. Maybe it was just part of his plan.
"Whatever. Your loss darling." The guy says, walking off after death glaring Haden. If looks could kill...

Haden and I leave and his fists are clenched aswell as his jaw with his lips in a straight line, pressed tight together. I smirk before turning to him.
"Aww sweetheart I know you like me but there's no need to be jealous." I mimick from early and Haden turns, glaring at me.
"Shut up."
---------------------------
Chapter 16! They're officially in the 3rd Kingdom Ardour- Kingdom of Lust.

Haden's jealous and so is Adeline. Why?

Who is this mysterious acquaintance Haden is talking about?

Dont forget to vote, comment and add this story to your library. Thanks!

Shadowed25 💜