Chapter 14: Luna

Previously:

I nod and she smiles, grabbing my hand in hers as she guides me to the destination of Haden.

I hope he's alright even if I do think he's a jerk...

---------------------------
My feet hit the solid pavement, avoiding the swords at all costs as we race through the streets of Avarice, the rain still pouring, soaking our clothes, hair and skin.
"We're almost there." The girl whispers and I nod, my mind concentrated on one person and one person only. The thought of him hurt makes my heart churn and I cant place my finger on why. I dont like him, god no! He gets under my skin, doesn't call me by my name unless he's angry and is just overall a prick!
"We're here." The girl says and I look down at her, snapping back to reality.
"Thank you. Is he in there?" I question, pointing inside the blackned window and she nods, opening the door. I follow after her into a little boutique shop.

It looks dark and grim from the outisde as you look through the tinted windows but when you step in, small clothing stands with dark yet interesting and intriguing clothes are scattered in corners. There's a galaxy theme on the walls- purple, blue and pink painted together with white specks conveying stars. In the centre wall, at the very top a bright, vast and silver moon lay, a light radiating down. It's almost comedic how the shops look boring and dangerous from the exterior but when you step inside, the interior couldn't have been more different.
"My mum and the boy is this way." The short, thin and freckled child informs and I smile, once again following her into the back rooms.

I hear chatter. Lots of it. A male and female voice for sure and it suddenly stops when the girl announces that we were present. I see him. He's sat on a chair, a bandage wrapped around his hand with a dark purple bruise underneath his eye.
"Hello, I'm Ms Selene Lune, this is my daughter Ophelia Lune." The older yet still beautiful woman introduces and I grin, shaking her outstretched hand. The similarity between Ophelia and Selene was incredible.

They had the same bright and vivid blue (almost grey) iris', complimented with luscious long lashes. Light freckles were painted on both of their faces, Ophelia having a cute button nose whereas Selene had a bulb nose. Similar pink lips, the bottom one more prominent than the top. They both shared defined faces, Selene with a stronger one. The same natural curles covered their heads, the only noticeable difference being that Selene had silver hair with Ophelia having black hair.

"Hello, I'm Adeline Spring. You have a very beautfiul shop." I compliment and she smiles, her eyes sparkling at the mention of her shop.
"Well it is based off my Shaper. I'm a moon Shaper. I have the ability to form and blast others with rays of pure energy. It can be quite harmful. I shape shift into a wolf." Selene explains and I smile, entranced. Come to think of it, she does have silver specks and lines across her skin and the most visible one is the mark along her cheek.
"That's incredible." I say in amazement and she laughs, shaking her head before we hear a cough behind us.

I turn and see Haden staring at me. I bite my lip to stop me from cursing him to hell where he belongs infront of a child and instead fold my arms over my chest and settle with a resting bitch face.
"You!" I snap and he flinches before recomposing himself.
"Me!" He mimicks in the same tone, chuckling a little.
"No Haden, I dont find humor in this. In case you haven't forgotten you left me without any idea of where you had gone or how to find you and then I'm approached by this young, sweet girl here who says your here and bloody hurt!" I yell, gritting my teeth and balling my hands into tight, clenched fists.
"I'm sorry Ade-"
"No save it Haden. We're leaving and your taking me to where I need to be and then we go our seperate ways." I state and his eyes widen in shock as I turn to Opehlia and Selene, my features softening.
"Thank you so much for helping him. We need to leave but thank you again." I say, grabbing Hadens good arm and dragging him off the chair he's seated on and pushing him towards the door.
"Wait Adeline!" Ophelias sweet voice squeaks and I stop, turning around and lowering to her height.
"This ring will help. It will be the light in your darkness... or so my mummy says. Bye and good luck!" She says chirpily, slipping the ring on my middle finger before waving and skipping off to the back of the shop.

I admire the object, tracing softly the palm of my finger against the gem in the middle, watching intently as a ripple effect appears before a light shines from it. I gasp as a blinding light projects a hologram of the Kingdoms, zooming in on Avarice. I stare in amazement, my mouth agape and my eyes wider than the moon.

After a few seconds, I rub the pad of my finger on the ring and the ripple effects show again before the projection dissapears.
"This will definitely be useful. Thank you." I mumble to myself before nodding and walking out of the shop, the little bell chiming, indicating someone had left...

---------------------------
Chapter 14 published! We meet two new characters- mother and daughter. Selene and Ophelia Luna. Selene is a moon Shaper but Ophelia has yet to discover this as she has not stopped aging yet but it is most likely she is...

Hadens back! And bruised!

What happened to him?

Do you think Adeline will forgive him?

Hope you enjoyed this chapter and dont forget to vote, comment and add this story to your library. Thanks!

Shadowed25 💜