Chapter 33: Reality of Revelations

Previously:

"Are you two...dating?" The inquisitive girl questions and my cheeks heat up.
"Yes. Yes we are." Haden confirms, winking at me and I grow even more red, a small smile gracing my lips.
"Well sir you have a really pretty girlfriend." The girl says, grinning up at me before turning back to Haden.
"I know."

---------------------------
We've been walking for hours now and poor Oriana fell asleep in Hadens arms who was more than happy to carry her. Her head is snuggled into the crook of his neck and her small arms are slung over his shoulder. I continuously glance across, smiling with pure joy at the simple yet heart warming act.
"You know if you take a picture it'll last longer." Haden says smirking, keeping his eyes forward.
"I might do. You just look so...ugh adorable!" I squeal before quietening as Oriana moves.
"Thanks." He says simply.

His eyes avert away for a second, a look of an unrecognisable feeling flashing though them.
"Everything alright?" I ask, placing my hand on his shoulder.
"Well, say I did come out of this Kingdom and we lived happily...what if you wanted kids?" He questions out of the ordinary and I shrug.
"Then we'd... y'know." I answer awkwardly and he chuckles before turning serious again, that same look appearing in his eyes again and this time, I know what it is. Sadness, dissapointment, shame.
"Haden, what is wrong?" I push and his eyes dart around before he sighs realising he cant escape what he's dropped himself in.
"I can't give you kids!" He yells before rubbing the girl in his arms back and speaking in a lower voice.
"I dont understand. Why cant you?" I ask and his lips turn into a frown.
"Shapers and human can't create a child. It confuses things. You're rather a shaper or a human, you cant be both. Its never happened before." He says and I feel a hit in my chest that makes me gasp.

We could never have kids together. But...that's what I've imagined. I dont wanna grow old alone, I want to be surrounded by my kids and their kids and even (hopefully) their kids.
"Adeline, I know I should've told you sooner but bu-"
"Haden, I-I want kids yes but we can always adopt or find a doner if we get that far. For now, lets just live in the moment. I don't want to think about that just now." I say with a smile and he exhales a breath of relief.
"This is why I'm falling for you."

---------------------------
Shortish chapter for 33. The revelation: Shapers and humans cant have kids. If you want to know more a full shaper can only be created by both parents being shapers just like a human can only be created by two humans. It has never been recorded of a Shaper and a Human having a child but does that mean it isn't possible?

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and dont forget to vote, comment and add this story to your library. Thanks!

Shadowed25 💜