Chapter 30: Covetous- Kingdom of Jealousy

Previously:

I scream but no noise comes out as I run faster up the stairs, escaping. I grab the door and look down the stairs.

No one is there.

Without hesitation, I slam the door shut!

---------------------------
I stumble forward, before stopping along a stone wall, catching my breath. I hunch over, my hands pressed firmly against the wall.
"That was some creepy sh-"
"Dont remind me please!" I interrupt and he sighs, resting his head back.
"Are you okay sweetheart?" He asks with genuine concern and I nod, hugging him tightly.
"It was just...weird." I state, unable to place a word on the experience we just had.

I close my eyes, taking deep breaths before opening them, spottting a Kingdom in the distance.
"Haden look!" I yell, pointing to the Kingdom.
"Its Covetous, Kingdom of Jealously." He reminds me and I gulp.
"Jealousy? Well this should be exciting." I say, sarcasm laced in my voice. We begin a normal paced walk to the edge of Inertia, Haden filling me in on details.
"You cannot be afraid to get what you want. It's how you gain respect. If someone barges you, you barge back. Those Shapers are trying to be better than you, because they are jealous of what you may have that they dont so, instead of ignoring them, you simply do everything in confidence and better than everyone else." He explains and I nod, taking in the information in, as we reach a path.
"Down here?" I question and Haden nods, lacing our fingers together and holding my hand tightly. I look at him and grin.
"Jealousy. If people dont like what we have, they try to sabotage it or take it for themselves. I will not let that happen!" Haden states and I laugh, leaning up and kissing his cheek softly.
"Aren't you charming?" I ask rhetorically and he winks.

We find ourselves opposing large, steel gates, waiting to be opened. I hesitate, knowing that once I step inside, I could end it all...or cause a war between mundanes and Shapers. Haden squeezes my hand reassuringly and I smile, giving him a certain nod. Before I can change my mind, we close the distance between us and the gate soon opens from the closeness.

My breaths become longer and more outstretched, as my heart beats hard and heavy inside my chest.
"Look, don't worry." Haden quickly says, making short eye contact with me, before holding his head high.
"Haden, I dont know what to do. So, we go through the Kingdom and then what?" I ask and he bites his lip, before a feeling of determination sparks inside of him and it flickers in his crimson eyes.
"Then... we battle." I feel my heart tighten and the pressure weighing me down further just from those three words.

'Then... we battle.'

I guess we do...

---------------------------
Chapter 30 and they are in the seventh final Kingdom!

Ahh!!! What will happen? Will Adeline fight or will she be beaten? Will Haden and Adeline go there seperate ways if, and only if they make it out?

Anyways, don't forget to vote, comment and add this story to your library. Thanks!

Shadowed25 💜