Chapter 22: Healing

Previously:

"P-please s-stop." I plead weakly and he laughs, throwing his head back as If I'd told him a joke.
"Oh dearie... the fun's just begun!"

---------------------------
I cant stand. My legs fail and I lie on the cold, hard, wet floor, my breathing shallow. I groan as he throws another kick to my ribs and I whimper, tears falling from my eyes. I look across the room to see Haden unconscious, blood dripping from a variety of places on his body, his eye bruised and his lip busted.

I cry more and attempt to reach out for him but my hand slaps against the ground and I groan.
"You both are in good enough conditions to take you to Queen Faye." He laughs menacingly and I close my eyes, my body shutting down.
"N-not on my watch." My eyes snap open and I see Hadens arm out and he's twisting his hand. I look over at the beast who tortured us and see him gasping for air, a ring of fire closing in on his neck, squeezing his throat. I hear his screams and pleads and strange enough, a smile lands on my lips, a sigh of relief escaping. Haden spins his hand in one swift moment and the creature bursts, sparkles of flames and ashes dropping to the floor.
"Adeline, a-are you okay?" Haden coughs out and I groan, weakly shaking my head.
"I-I'm too weak. I-I have no e-nergy left." I stutter and Haden pushes himself off the floor, hissing in pain as he stands up.

He limps over to me and bends down, grabbing my arm and throwing it around his neck. He weakly lifts me up, his legs shaking and groans falling from his lips.
"D-dont Haden, you'll h-hurt yourself." I whisper and he shakes his head, taking steps out the door.
"N-not far from here, t-there's a healing shaper. H-he can help." Haden informs and I nod, closing my eyes.
"I-I'm gonna go t-to slep. Wake me up w-when we g-get there." I mumble and feel myself drifting into a deep and needed slumber.
"Hang on sweetheart." He says and I hum, falling asleep.
---------------------------
I wake up, my head pounding and a ringing sensation in my ears. Suddenly, it all disappears and my eyes flutter open. I see vibrant green eyes staring into my hazel ones and I let out a shriek.
"Who are you?" I yell, abrupyly sitting up.
"Calm down sweetheart." I hear his familiar voice and my breathing soothes as my eyes soften.
"Haden." I say joyfully, jumping out of the bed I was in, running into Hadens arms and pressing my lips against his.

He catches me, stumbling back a little but kisses back just as passionately.
"Dont ever risk your life for me again." I yell, kissing him inbetween the words. He shakes his head, kissing me again.
"I would die for you Adeline." He says and I wrap my arms tightly around his neck, hugging his tightly and I never wanted to let go.
"Young love." An elderly voice says and I turn my head to see a man, a smile on his face.
"Not to be rude, but who are you?" I ask and he laughs, shaking his head.
"My name is Alaunus. Dont mind me you just remind me of me and my wife, Eir. She was also was a healing shaper." He says, sadness but happiness in his green eyes.
"W-what happened?" I ask cautiously and he frowns.
"She went on a dangerous journey for Queen Faye and... never returned." Alaunus explains and a tear slips down from my eyes.

I walk to him and hug him tightly.
"She sounds absolutely amazing." I say and he smiles.
"Oh she was." I hug him once again before Haden appears next to me, his hand on my shoulder.
"We gotta get going." He says and I nod.
"Thank you so much Alaunus, for saving us." Haden says and I nod.
"Your welcome. Adeline here, I've heard what your gonna do. It protects you from most things." He hands me a necklace with a pendant on the end.

Its a snake coiled around a staff. It has glowing green eyes and I smile. Its beautiful!
"Thank you Alaunus. It's beautiful." I kiss his cheek and wave goodbye as Haden and I exit through the back door and arrive into a dark alley where we move swiftly to leave this prideful, evil Kingdon!

---------------------------
Chapter 22! Wasn't Alaunus such a sweet guy. They escaped the torturer who was someone working for Queen Faye. There on their way to the next Kingdom but will it go better or worst?

Dont forget to vote, comment and add this story to your library. Thanks!

Shadowed25 💜