Chapter 19: Kisses and Roses

Previously:

"I want to kiss you Adeline and I dont care what they say anymore. I cant resist the feelings I have for you." Haden confesses and I feel my heartbeat increase although I do wonder who he is on about. Shaking it off for now, I realise I have to answer now or he'll walk away and I want this as much as he does.

"What are you waiting for Haden..."

---------------------------
The sun must have risen today and just decided to mirror my emotions. It radiates through the window, landing gloriously down on Haden and I's sleeping figures. His clothed arms are wrapped securely around my waist and my arms are over his. Light snores escape his lips as he nuzzles his head further into my neck.

My eyes flutter open and immediately a smile is on my lips. I rub my eyes with one hand before turning over with much struggle. Haden is still asleep and his grip seems to tighten on me.
"Haden, wake up." I whisper, shaking him slightly and he hums, his eyes still shut.
"C'mom wake up. Please?" I ask and he chuckles, opening his eyes and I am mesmorised by his orbs, the red drowning me in happiness.
"Good morning sweetheart." He mumbles tiredly, his voice heavenly.
"Morning handsome." I say joyously, watching with a wide smile as he leans up and presses a soft yet passionate kiss to my lips. I show the same amount of passion, my hands cupping his cheeks.

After a minute or two we part and I snuggle closer, my head resting on his shoulder.
"This is so...perfect." Haden mumbles and I nod in agreement.
"It almost makes me forget that I have to save everyone." I laugh and he joins in, kissing the top of my head.
"Just four more Kingdoms, we got this." Haden reminds and I nod, sitting up and stretching my arms. I groan but stand up, Haden still in bed but atleast sat up.
"I'm going to just go in here. I'll be back in a minute." I inform him, standing in the doorway.
"Okay sweetheart." I smile and grab my toothbrush and toothpaste from the bag, brushing my teeth and splashing cooling water on my face.

As I'm drying my face, I hear the bedroom door open and I immediately know who it is. I shuffle closer to the slightly parted door and listen in.
"Morning Haden." Alcine says flirtatiously and I have to stop myself from scoffing. Lust is in all of us, I get it, but the Shapers in Ardour make it their number one priority.
"Oh hey Alcine." Haden replies kindly and I cant help but smile.
"So why didn't you come to my bedroom last night? I thought you was." Alcine questions, her vocie dropping to an angrier and much darker tone.
"I was spending time with Adeline and I wasn't planning to anyways. Alcine, I didn't come here to sleep with you, it was for Adeline. She needed rest and I asked you as a friend, nothing else." Haden explains and I can hear Alcine scoff. She does that a lot, especially when I'm mentioned.
"You two aren't even dating, you told me you dont date." She snaps and Haden sighs.
"The old me didn't date. I feel a connection with Adeline like non other and why would I give that up to go back to the old, immature me. And your right we're not dating... yet." I take this as my cue to walk in and I do so, striding towards Haden. I smile and so does he, standing up and walking to me. We meet halfway and he cups my face, kissing me deeply. I do the same, wrapping my arms around his neck.
"I'm going out. I want you two and all of your shit out before I return!" Alcine snaps before storming out, slamming the door shut behind her. Haden and I kiss for a little longer before we break apart but his hands remain on my face.
"Not your girlfriend yet ey?" I ask, grinning cheekily.
"Get dressed sweetheart." He laughs and I smirk, changing into my usual attire, my leather jacket slipping onto my body. We pack up our things and leave, following a path further to the edge of Ardour.

We come to large, glistening metal gates, a stone wall bordering between the two Kingdoms.
"Before we leave, I might aswell grab you one of these roses." Haden says, walking to the field and plucking one. He walks back over and I smile before he disentigrates it.
"What are you doing you idiot? You just ruined the moment...and the flower." I yell and he chuckles, placing the ashes in a large tub. With a tap of his fingers, the rose springs back to life and I grin widely, my eyes open in awe.
"Not so much of an idiot not am I?" He asks cockily and I roll my eyes.
"Whatever. Let me guess. This is the gate to Gratif, Kingdom of Pride ruled and run by Queen Faye." I say impressively and he nods.
"Correct, lets go." And we push open the locked gates, stepping inside. They slam as soon as we set foot into new territory.

The fourth Kingdom here we come.

---------------------------
Chapter 19 and they finally kissed! Yay!!! (😘)

They're in the fourth Kingdom, Gratif. It is the Kingdom of Pride so lets see how this plays out.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Dont forget to vote, comment and add this story to your library. Thanks!

Shadowed25 💜