Chapter 18: The bliss of an almost kiss

Previously:

"Hi I'm Adeline Spring, it's nice to meet you Alcine." I say, a forced smile upon my face. She isn't even attempting to smile and instead, glances at my outstretched hand before scoffing.
"I'm Alcine...Hadens girlfriend."

HIS WHAT?

---------------------------
My eyes exchange between the two and I can't help but frown. Confusion and sadness fills my blood and veins but mostly my brain and you can clearly see it on my face. My head is cocked to the side, my lips are down, forming a very prominant frown, with my eyes almost squinted and my eyebrows furrowed. They sit across the table from me talking, laughing, excluding me from the coversation as they had done for the past 2 hours we'd been here.
"I can't wait for you to stay tonight Haden." Alcine says, lust dripping like venom. No wonder she's in Ardour...aswell as the fact she's gorgeous like everyone else here.

Her long, shining blond curls fall to her waist, dip dyed with an ocean blue, her bright aquamarine eyes sparkling like fresh water. She has perfect lips, coated in a thick ruby lipstick which she occasionally rubs together, her perfect teeth biting the edge of her bottom lip. I'm jealous and that's the sin I'm commiting but I dont care. It continuously floods over me like the very waves in which the bottom of her hair matches the colour of.
"I'm very thankful your letting us sleep here tonight Alcine." I chime in and finally they both turn to me.
"Oh... your staying too?" She almost growls, her teeth slightly bareing like an animal.
"Yes did Haden not tell you?" I ask, looking at Haden with hurt flashing in my eyes. But he can't see that because he's looking away.
"No. He didn't." She says angrily, slowly turning her head to his.
"I dont wanna intrude then, I'll leave." I say, standing up and walking towards the wooden door.
"Adeline no. Alcine doesn't mind, you have to stay." Haden suddenly speaks up and I turn to look at him. Weighing my choices up here, if I walk out that door it wont end well for me. Guess I'm staying here for the night.
"Okay. I'm gonna go get set up in the bedroom. Thanks again Alcine." I mumble, walking to the bedroom Haden pointed to. I set my bag down and close the door.

It almost seems like bliss to be away from them two, to be away from the dangers of the outside world, a way for me to escape my destiny (even if it is for only one night). I slip my jacket off and hang it up, pushing my shoes off and stripping down into just my undergarments. I happily over use the warm water she has, washing my hair and body. Thank god! I dress in spare clothes I brought, a black oversized hoodie. I smile at the warmth but the looseness of the outfit as I shut my eyes and release a breath of pure relief.

Minutes later, I lie on the bed, a book in my hands, the moon being my only source of light although it's beaming vibrantly. From what I've read there's all kinds of Shapers but Alcine appears to be a water one. Explains the excessive blue features like Haden with his red.

Suddenly, the door opens and I look up, watching as Haden closes the door behind him and turns around, jumping slightly.
"Sweetheart you scared me. What are you still doing up?" He asks and I laugh.
"So it's back to sweetheart now. Is that because your girlfriend is in the other room?" I ask, ignoring his question completely. I place my book on the table side as he sits on the edge of the bed, a sigh escaping his lips.
"She's not my girlfriend, we just used to be close." Haden responds cautiously and I shake my head.
"This is Ardour Haden, I can guess what kind of close that is." I yell, my anger rising quickly.
"That's the past and it doesn't matter. What about what happened outside when we first got here, or the cave and even before that?" I drop a little, running a hand through my hair.
"Those where feelings in the moment." I argue, defending myself.

I stand up to show a more angrier posture but he only does the same, easily towering over me.
"So this is just a feeling in the moment?" He asks quietly, stepping very close to me. My breath hitches and I back up until my legs hit the bed and I fall back. I somehow reach out to stable myself and grab Haden, pulling him down with me.
"Hello sweetheart." He whispers cheekily and I roll my eyes, using my power to turn us around so now he's underneath me.
"Hi handsome." I say, a smile I really didn't want to show, appearing on my face. Haden laughs and for the last time, rolls us both over so he's back hovering over me, this time, my wrists are pinned to the bed. He chuckles before staring deep into my eyes.

It might just be because we're in a Kingdom where people don't hesitate to act on their desires or maybe we just both wanted this but within seconds our faces were as close as almost possible, his lips exactly over mine.
"I want to kiss you Adeline and I dont care what they say anymore. I cant resist the feelings I have for you." Haden confesses and I feel my heartbeat increase although I do wonder who he is on about. Shaking it off for now, I realise I have to answer now or he'll walk away and I want this as much as he does.

"What are you waiting for Haden..."

---------------------------
Chapter 18 and...OMG! Haden and Adeline are about to kiss.

Will they or will fate not let them share that moment just yet?

This is way longer to make up for the shorter chapter before this. I hope you enjoyed reading this and don't forget to vote, comment and add this story to your library. Thanks!

Shadowed25 💜