Ch. 39: Imbalance In Her Emotions

Start from the beginning

"Boo!" My face paled as I stared at the smirking man in front of me. His eyes, wild and crazed with hunger. He laughed, extending his hand to grab me. My breathing came in gasps and I shut my eyes, holding my head. 'Just...push him back Vie....come on.' I told myself, but I couldn't. I still saw him with those light golden eyes and innocent smile. I felt him grab for my wrist, and squeeze. "I told you I'd come back." I heard his laughter echoing in my head.

'Please let this be a bad dream. Please!' I felt his icy grip on my arm, but he pulled back suddenly when a howl rang across the yard. I heard Theodore hiss before running off. I looked out the window as Theodore just bulldozed over them with his telekinetic blasts. I saw them get up and run after them. One wolf in particular turned back to the house to look at me before growling and running after deranged vampire.

"Jacob, no!" I quickly ran out the back door. I wasn't sure why I shouted to him. Was it because I didn't want him to get hurt, or because I was afraid they'd kill Theodore? I ran, but fell. Why was I suddenly such a tremendous klutz? I stood up, pounding my fist onto the ground in agitation. I ran now, feeling my eyes go into the amber color again, but tried to stop it and ran after them. I was running as fast as I could, calling to them. "Jake! Jacob!" I tried to catch their scents, but all I came back with was the smell of saltwater. My tears running down my face. "Jacob!"

'Okay... okay, Violette. Stay calm, breathe.' I told myself, taking deep breaths. I concentrated, and looked around. East. They were heading east. I turned to the right and ran as fast as my legs could carry me with the current state of panic I was in.

"Violette!" I felt someone holding me back now, arms gripping onto my shoulders. I started to kick and move wildly in their arms. "Violette!" it was Edward's voice.

"Let go Edward! Jacob! Jacob Jac-" he placed his hand over my mouth, silencing my calls.

"Quiet! He's after you! Not them! Now calm down, if he finds you, that's it!" I still looked around, eyes filled with panic, almost hysteric. "He'll get away." he spoke calmly. I looked at him, confused. "Theodore, don't worry he gets away. Alice said he'll jump into the ocean and head back to the Volturi." My breathing slowed a bit. "Go.Home.Violette." Edward looked angrily at me. "And don't even think about telling them." so he knew. I looked away. "Just because Jacob may be fine with it, because we aren't entirely sure he'll be okay with having a hybrid in his pack Violet, doesn't mean the others will."

'Sam' I thought, Edward just nodded.

"Exactly." we were silent after a while. "Now go back. Bella will be picking you up later." he spoke, breaking the silence. He gave me a hug, kissing the top of my head. "Don't think so much with your heart...it might be the last thing you do...now go. They should be heading back after a bit." I looked sadly at him, nodding before going back, the scene all a blur of green as I ran past the trees.

I went to my room, that was the first thing I did. Going upstairs and grabbing one of Jacob's thick sweaters. I felt so cold, I was shivering uncontrollably. What was wrong with me? He's after me, so why couldn't I have just attacked him? The past is the past and it should stay there. I shouldn't let him control me like that. What's my excuse this time? He brought no one with him to make me behave that way? I should be happy if the pack wants to get rid of him. One less problem to worry about, and one less Volturi. I placed my hands on my head, squeezing it, hoping to get rid of the throbbing ache in my head.

"Violet!" I heard Jacob's frantic calls as many footsteps rushed up the stairs. He looked at me, running to the bed and scooping me in his hands, holding tightly as I sobbed into his chest. "Aw shit! Violet, come on look at me, come on, let go of your head, you're going to hurt yourself." He was trying to pry my hands away from my skull, but the pain was still there. Theodore's laugh, his wild animal looks, and then I'd see the Theodore I fell in love with long ago. The Theo, who managed to make me feel like a human for the first time. I shook my head and cried more, finally letting Jacob move my hands away from my skull.