No! But Why?!

Ch 10: No! But Why? *start*

Violet's POV*

I felt warm for some reason. I felt like a saint Bernard was lying under me, or a REALLY fuzzy rug or electric blanket. I was so used to the cold serge around me that I only nuzzled closer to the warmth. I figured if I was going to hell I might as well embrace it, right? At least that's what Edward always said. There's no running from the inevitable and me being a monster wasn't going to prolong my judgment, I guess.

I could hear strange growls and yips, but my eyes felt too heavy and I could not open them. It was like I was pushing against this invisible force that prevented me from opening my eyes. Whatever it was, it was also trying to make me lose consciousness. I felt weak, tired and not to mention, I had a splitting headache that SHOULD have left me under a coma! After sometime of trying to prevail, I finally just did as Edward said. I welcomed it with open arms and embraced the, what seemed to be, eternal darkness. Alone! ( A/N I was listening to Skillet, Whispers in the Dark, and I thought that it was going to fit this chapter pretty well)

*Sam's POV*

We made it to my house and Emily greeted me with a loving embrace and kiss on the lips. I probably would have put more passion into it if we weren't in this situation. Emily took notice of my resistance and pulled back slightly while keeping her arms around me. At that moment, the boys came in with Embry holding the girl.

"Where do we put 'er Sam?" asked Embry

"Oh, my goodness!" exclaimed Emily. "Put her on the couch! I'll go get the first aid kit!" with that Emily ran upstairs.

"What do you think she was doing in the woods, Sam?" asked Seth. We herd Leah scoff.

"Stupid girl. Who goes in there this late? We should have just let her get what was coming to her." said Leah bitterly. All the boys, but Seth, growled at her statement. "Come on! You guys don't even know her and you're already all goo-goo, gah-gah over her!"

"Enough, Leah." I ordered. She glared and stormed out of the house making it clear she was upset by slamming the door as she exited out.

"So, what are we doing with her?" asked Paul who was eyeing the poor girl's chest. I noticed her clothes were soaked.

"Emily! Could you get her some clothes, too, please?!" I called up. I heard her shout back

"Already on it! Would you boys help me take her upstairs to my bedroom so I can dress her? No peeking, understood?" They all nodded and we turned to Paul who groaned, irritated.

"Well, I gotta go. Promised Kim I'd be over later on." called Jared. The guys just whistled as he turned red muttering 'shut up'.

"Ok, back to business." I said getting the boys' attention. "We'll see how things go with the girl. Surprisingly the girl's doing pretty good for those injuries. We'll make some excuse like she was attacked by a bear or she was hallucinating, understood?" They looked like they wanted to object but nodded nonetheless.

"Although, if and WHEN, she becomes my imprint, does she get to stay?" I sighed at Embry's question. Quil smacked his hand over his face obviously equally as irritated by the boys' infatuation with the poor girl. Paul, and soon Seth, began to object to Embry's statement fighting over who's imprint she was. I had had enough and shouted.

"Enough! If the kid is your imprint, fine!" I answered, showing my irritation. The boys just blinked in surprise.

"The girl looks no older than 17, I'd even say 15, and you guys are obsessing over her. Seems to me like Seth has the only chance..." said Quil. Seth lit up like a Christmas tree while the others glared dangerously at Quil. "What do ya know! Time to go; bye, Sam." I nodded. I was too busy worrying over the red headed vampire and, to top it all off, now this child.