Chapter 57 - Welcome

A/N - Okay, buckle up y'all.... it's going to be a long one! Would love some feedback though!

Chapter 57 – Welcome

*Jacob's POV*

We had gotten to Emily's fairly quickly, everyone running around hectically trying to find out how to make themselves useful. If I wasn't equally panicked, I would have found it amusing, something out of a cartoon. There were three guys holding tubs of water, others holding towels, some holding scissors and paper for some reason, while some carried Neosporin and aspirin like if Vie just suffered a booboo. We were all caught off by a loud whistle.

"Boys! While I appreciate the help. Unless you got this girl pregnant or have any REAL medical experience, get out. Now!" Emily shouted when no one moved. Quickly, everyone besides Emily, Gen, Sam, Emily and myself left the room, all of us going to Violet who was laying down on a bed in one of the spare rooms.

"I'm here baby," I cooed to Violet, hold her outstretched hand. "Leah and Sue here yet?" I asked panicked, now by my imprint's side. I felt Violet squeeze my hand harder as she groaned.

"Jacob!" she cried out. "It hurts, bad!" she cried.

"Easy Violet, can you tell me what you're feeling?" I looked around, suddenly realizing no one here had a kid, so none of us had any experience.

"Jacob, look!" I heard Gen and saw her point to Violet's stomach under her clothes. We all visibly saw it move.

"Okay, I think I'll give you some privacy." Sam said, visibly green at the sight as he walked away, going to grab Emily to lead her away from the two vampire beings in the room. "We'll let you know when Sue gets here."

"How sure are we that she can do this naturally? Or should I say vaginally... because there is nothing natural about this." Asked Gen, the woman stiff as a board. Sam and I eyed her.

"We aren't sure about anything. You have any experience with births? Aren't you like ancient?" she scoffed at my comment.

"No, I am afraid I have never been a fan of little beasties, pardon." She looked out the window. "I am sorry, but I cannot take the smell anymore." she groaned. At first Sam and I tensed thinking she meant because of Emily and Violet. "You wolves smell repulsive, and the smell lingers. Pardon. Pardon!" she quickly transported herself outside. I could hear as the boys were spooked as she reappeared in front of them. "I will be within earshot!" she shouted from within the tree line. I managed to drown out the others complaining about her popping around the premises.

"Charming." Sam said, but we were distracted again when Violet groaned.

"Sweety, before you came over, how far along were your contractions? How are they feeling now? Are you sure your water broke?" She just nodded her head at Emily's questions. "Okay sweety, just wait a little more, okay? Have you tried calling her family?" I nodded.

"I felt a voicemail for Carlisle. If we knew where he was, we could try to get him here faster with her." I nodded towards the vamp that we could see from the window.

"Jacob.. I know it's better than nothing, but how sure are we that Sue can handle this?" Sam whispered and I just stared at him, already nervous as we

"Ugh... I know this is weird, but.... isn't Brody's mom a ...vet?" I glared at Paul who just picked his hands up. "Look man, I'm trying to help. Kid mentioned how his mom had him help with a C-section for a dog or something.... doesn't hurt to have more hands no?"

"Thank you, Paul, but, we can't risk Brody's mom either."

"We're here! We're here!" I heard Leah from downstairs, Sam and Emily immediately going over to them while I stayed by Violet's side. I kissed her sweaty forehead and she blinked up at me.