Ch. 48 -I'll get you up and going out of bed

A/n: Hello my dearest readers! I apologize for the huge delay, but I have returned. I have every intention of finishing this story.... this year! I have set up a time table for me to do so. I honestly just want to finish the story at this point and move away from Twilight fanfiction. I am leaning more towards writing either an Anime based fanfiction or an original wolf story, maybe something different and do a mermaid theme story! Would love feedback on which you would rather read! What's your favorite anime? Genre? Who's just excited that this story is not dead? Lol Enjoy!

Ch. 48 –I'll get you up and going out of bed

*Violet's POV*

"Momma! Logan won't give me back my ribbon!" I turned to look at my little girl. Her big greyish-green eyes shined with unshed tears. I reached over to push her black curls behind her ear before going to rub away the lone tear from her rosy cheeks.

"I only took her ribbon because she and dad were cheating!" hmphed my 4-year-old son, looking away from us and towards my husband. I saw the russet wolf let out a sneeze and disappear behind the trees. Soon, a 6-foot, 7-inch Quileute emerged in its place.

"Hey bud, I wasn't cheating. She caught me fair and square and we had to work together to find you next. You're just better at hiding." Jacob spoke to our boy, hoisting him onto his shoulders.

"Not my fault she can't hide!" his tanned skin turned red; his eyes, that matched his twin sister, glared at the ribbon in his hands. I heard a tiny whimper come from my little girl, her tiny hands fisting my sun dress by my leg.

The three of us looked down at her as she buried her face into my dress. I saw Logan wiggle on top of his dad's shoulders, his way of trying to get off, before Jake put him down. By now, Aria had silent tears going down her russet cheeks as her tiny fists rubbed at her eyes, the occasional hiccup shaking her torso. Logan was quick to run to his sister, and pull down her hands.

"Sorry, Ari. I didn't want to make you cry. Here. You can have your ribbon back! Momma, can you tie Ari's hair back with it?" My boy looked up at me, my daughter's eyes finding my own soon, silently asking. I smiled.

"Of course, I can!" I smiled at her. I quickly got to work tying back her luscious locks that she inherited from her father. Save for their eyes, there wasn't much in the looks department that they didn't get from their dad. I made sure the red ribbon was fastened in place before adjusting the curly baby hairs with one of the pins still in her hair. "All done, no more hair in your eyes." I smiled at her and pinched her round cheeks. She gave me a small smile before holding my dress again.

"I got an idea; how about momma plays with us? We can play teams!" suggested Jake.

"Okay, I wanna be on Daddy's team!" beamed our princess, her previous sorrow now gone. She quickly ran into Jacob's arms as he bent down to lift her up now.

"Yeah, and I wanna be on momma's team!" smiled my little boy, already jumping in place. I grinned.

"That's a great idea.... Not it! Come on Logan, let's go hide while sissy and dad count!" I quickly shouted, picking up my boy and speeding far away. I tossed him onto my back as I climbed up a tree, finding a stable branch to lean on before switching him to sit between my legs.

We only had to wait a few minutes before I heard them beneath us. Jacob was still in human form, I knew he had spotted us, but was letting our little girl do the work. I could see her little nostrils flaring as she sniffed the air. I saw Logan cover his mouth with his hands, most likely trying to cover a giggle. I put my finger to my lips, grinning at him. Her eyes quickly snapped up at us before we both let out a laugh.