chapter 44: Too Late To Apologize?

Chapter 44: Too Late to Apologize?

*Violet's POV*

"How are you doing today?" I looked away from the window, golden eyes meeting green. Lauren stood at the door, Gen slightly behind her. I smiled.

"I'm not the pregnant one, so I'm fine." I smiled at them and Gen stepped around Lauren and inside, soon both were by me.

"You...aren't very good at hiding your emotions you know? Well, not that good anyways." Smiled Gen. I looked at my friends then turned away.

"Violette?" I looked at Lauren, waiting for her to continue. "When is it...supposed to happen?" I looked away, my fist clenched at the reminder.

"I wish I knew, but all I can say is that we have to be on our toes. I need to protect this baby. She's...special." I smiled at them.

"Like you, kid." I smiled at Vance and glanced down. In the week that they've been here, they've joined our extended family. They aren't here to stay forever; they have their own home back in France. However, they have always shown loyalty to me and now, now they know the truth. The extent of my "gift" and my condition.

"Haha. I guess she is. She's going to be lucky and at least have someone she can re-" I was cut off by a crash. I looked out the window and panicked. Edward was suddenly outside and in perfect view from my window. I stared into the trees and met the most beautiful brown eyes ever."Jacob" I whispered. I didn't want to see him, I couldn't. I was much too afraid that my heart would fail me and I'd combust into nothing. This ache in my chest was by far the worst pain I have ever endured. I didn't know if I could take much more of it.

"Seems the pup came crawling back to his master." I saw Vance get smacked upside the head by his sister. I heard yelling and growling from down below. When I turned to look, my eyes locked with his and my heart broke. A tear slid down my eye and I wondered when I had reverted back to my human form. "I'll go calm them down."

"As if, don't think it'd be smart if you destroyed a whole forest there, sonic boom." Vance turned to Andres's mate, Chloe, who smirked with her mate.

"Don't call me that, Red." Andres and Chloe jokingly growled at him. She didn't like to be reminded that she did still have some trouble with human blood. She didn't consume it anymore, but that didn't mean the craving wasn't exceptionally hard on her. I looked at my friends around me. I didn't want them to hurt Jacob.

They were all strong, I knew that. Gen was agile, and her fighting style was hard to follow. Vance relied on his strong lungs that created sonic blasts that did more than leave you deaf. Chloe could control blood flow, which was almost scary. She could pass for human, or she could stop a person from pumping blood. Andres could manipulate energy, meaning any light socket he could charge up his body and use that energy when he pleased. Then there was Lauren, although she had no power, she was great with cunning and tactile planning. She was incredibly smart and we think she might have a power, other than to hide her altered eyes, similar to myself.

"Violet, he's waiting for you." Lauren put her hand on my shoulder and smiled. I looked down the window and at him, guess it's time to face the music.

*Jacob's POV*

"We're WHAT?!" I shouted at Sam. He had called together a pack meeting in the woods to discuss the situation with Bella. After a week since our last discussion, I tried to stay clear of the topic. It brought too much heart ache. However, this time I couldn't avoid it. Sam had used that damn Alpha tone on me to get me to listen, it was beginning to annoy me, the power he possessed over me. Right now, though, I felt like tearing his throat out.