Something Blue - The End

Chapter 69 – Something Blue

*Violette's POV*

"Something blue!"

"No, it's something borrowed, isn't it?"

"She has something borrowed already, your Ruby earrings, Alice. Oh, and the dress is obviously new. Isn't that enough?" Bella did her best to calm her panicking sisters-in-law. I just sighed.

"Bleu? Quelle est la signification du bleu?" Gen asked. I just shrugged, not really knowing where the superstition stemmed from.

"Guys, do we really need all tha-"

"Yes!" Both Rosalie and Alice cut me off before I could question either of them.

"Just remember, I survived this. You can, too." Bella whispered to me, jokingly and I laughed.

"Jake's sisters aren't here yet and we are still missing Emily, Kim and Leah." I ticked off on my hand.

"Are they already on their way?" I nodded. I kept getting fussed over when I heard tiny whimpers coming from the next room, where the kids were in their nursery. I lifted the bottom of my dress, ready to go check on them when I was stopped.

"I'll get them, mon chere." Gen spoke, beating Rose to the punch who just pouted. "You two keep fretting about our lovely Belle. Oop. You understood." She laughed at her accidental joke, shooting Bella a wink before teleporting to the other room. I could hear her cooing at the children from my place and smiled.

"Are we almost done here? The others will be waiting and I want to make sure we're back here for the reception before the rain kicks off." I reminded them.

"I found it!" Alice shouted as she rounded the corner holding a dainty hairpin. It was adorned with light blue stones in the shape of flowers with smaller white and yellow stones at the center. They looked like Forget-Me-Nots. "Let's pin these bangs back and...done!" She shouted. "How are we on time?" She asked the others in the room.

"We're here!" I heard from the front door. "Car's waiting, we're all ready. How's our beautiful bride?!" I heard Emily's voice shout as she waddled her way over to us. She was roughly 6 months pregnant now and absolutely glowing.

"Oh my goodness, Vie! You look breathtaking!" Gushed Rachelle.

"Violet! That dress looks stunning! You look gorgeous, sweety!" Rebecca said from beside her twin sister. I blushed at their kind remarks and looked myself over in the mirror as the other ladies filled in the spacious bedroom.

The dress was a pretty off-white, almost cream color. It was a halter type dress with lace over the bodice in a soft floral pattern. I had on matching gloves that went up a little higher than my elbows. It was a mermaid style bottom and gave me a nice silhouette. I had been opposed to the dress at first, proffering something simple. Honestly, I wanted whichever was the first dress I saw so I could get out of shopping. I could marry Jacob in a knapsack and be content! However, Alice had pushed for us to find the perfect dress. Between her and Geneveve whisking me away to France to shop, I had no choice. But I was grateful to them both. It was indeed beautiful.

"I think we're all ready here. Let me just get the kids dressed and-"

"No need. Our petit prince et princesse are ready. Their wonderful Tante Gen came prepared with their little dress and suit. Although, I am certain this one might be needing a change of clothes or two before the vows are even spoken." She joked, doing her best to handle my boy who tried his best to get out of Gen's hands and towards myself. I laughed.

"I see you, sweety. I'm coming."

"Oh no, no. We can handle this little guy. We have to get going, come on." I looked from Alice to my boy who had stopped his fussing. He was being entertained by one of his cousins. His human cousins. I eyed Bella who nodded to me before she encouraged Nessie to help out. She had been a big help, keeping an eye on my children while their human cousins played with them. While Aria tended to be more mindful of the two twins, between her and Nessie, they had better chances of persuading my infant son to behave.