Ch.36: Cold

Ch.36: COLD

*Violet's POV*

"Vie. Vie" Someone was whispering and nudging me awake. I knew who it was once I breathed in his heavenly scent. I opened my eyes, the sun not even out yet. Since the light didn't come in through the curtains. I gave Jacob a sleepy smile and his warm tender lips connected with my forehead.

"Morning." I said, my voice still groggy. "What-what time is it?" I asked, rubbing at my eyes.

"5:30. We need to get going. Are you still tired?" I made a 'so-so' motion with my hand, slightly tired from last night's nightly activities. I felt him put his arms under my body as he lifted me up. "I'll just carry you then." I smiled at him and pecked his lips.

"No, it's okay. I have to change anyways." I blushed, gesturing to my body that just had Jake's oversize shirt on me. "I have a feeling Bella's going to need a few things to." I had, had a vision where Bella was freezing her little tail off. I felt bad so I figured since my brother wouldn't exactly help in that case, I'd take her a few extra blankets and sweaters. My vision consisted of Jacob having to warm her up to prevent hypothermia, and well-I got jealous, plain and simple.

"Ok. Hurry though. Sam's waiting." He placed my feet gingerly on the ground and went downstairs. I tried to be quick about it, finding any old sweater and tennis shoes I wouldn't mind getting trashed. I had found a hiking bag and through a lot of things in there, but nothing that would draw the attention of the newborns. Just water bottles, blankets and sweaters. And a safety kit. Okay, so I was being paranoid with all the bandages and antiseptics I placed inside the bag, but you never know. I don't want anyone to get hurt. "Ready?" Jacob was at the door again and I had just swung the bag on my shoulders, which might I add was so big it was practically half my size if not more. "Um...do you need any help there?" He chuckled nervously, but I shook my head no and walked over to him.

"And Billy and the girls?" I asked referring to the imprints

"Billy is in charge of getting Charlie out of the house so their somewhere away from here, don't worry. And the girls are being watched by Collin and Brady." I nodded and took a hold of his hands. "Come on." he tugged at my hand a little and we went out back after locking every door and window, just in case. Not like it would help much if it was a vampire, but still.

"Jacob, Violet." Sam nodded to us and I waved, while Jacob just nodded his head back. I saw behind him was Seth. "Seth, go with them. You know what to do." Seth's furry head nodded and I saw the tousles of sandy colored fur bounce around his head. "Jacob, Violet, we'll meet you both there later." Jacob nodded and Sam quickly ran behind a tree and the last I saw was an onyx black wolf zip past trees.

"Wait right here, okay?" Jacob spoke into my ear. I nodded. "Seth." Seth must have known what to do since he stepped right next to me while Jacob went to change behind a tree. I rolled my eyes, but smiled, thinking his over protectiveness was cute. Next thing I knew, a russet, brick colored wolf popped out behind the tree, with clothes hanging from a thick black cord. He walked up to me, nuzzling me. I smiled and pet his fur. Jacob looked like a giant teddy bear when he did that. I petted behind his ear and I heard him purr almost, I laughed.

"I thought only cat's purr?" I laughed, kissing his nose and continuing to pet his head. I saw Seth's wolf body wrack and strange noises emit from his throat; he was laughing. Jacob semi growled at him and he stopped. I only laughed and whispered an apology; he just licked my cheek and I laughed, whipping off the saliva and cleaning my hand on his fur. "Ew, Jacob come on!" Seth barked and Jacob shook his head.

Why was it I couldn't hear their thoughts again? I think my head had a mind of its own. My powers were out of control and did what they pleased. I just hope I could get them to work when the newborns came. Jacob knelt down on the floor and waited for me to climb on top. Jacob already guessed my weight, so when I smacked the bag down on his back, he was a little shocked. The damn bag probably weighed more than I did! "Sorry." I said cheeky.